Saturday 23 March 2013

SSSS Challenge: Water

Hi Everyone......................Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks for joining me here at CNCT x

I love a Saturday when I can get messy and inky crafting/posting in my little corner of blogland. Its so nice too when my crafty friends pop in to say hello and leave a comment, letting me know of their visit. I love to visit your blogs, viewing all your crafty makes for this week x
I am having a 'duvet day' today as I seem to have picked up the nasty cold thats going around...I thought I had managed to keep it at bay with the usual cold remedies....but its kinda caught me out today !!
Many of you are loving Tim Holtz new Distress Paints and that is what I have used to create the background on the tag below. I even managed to make it without my dearly loved Vintage Photo Distress Ink !!!


You can see the background below which I created using Mowed Lawn, Pickled Raspberry and Broken China Distress paint, with lots of water.
After placing paints on my craft mat and spritzing with water I smooshed the size 10 manila tag, covering all of it in paint. I then spritzed more water on the tag, allowing the paints to wick in to one another. I then took my heat gun and dried the paint...which makes it permanent. 
When I was satisfied with the colour blend  I then stamped on it using Ranger Archival in Manganese Blue.


I used stamps from Tim Holtz Fairytale Frenzy, by Stampers Anonymous. The floral was stamped in the MB ink and the sentiment in Archival coffee.

The edges of the tag were defined  by blending Salty Ocean and Walnut Stain Distress Inks on them.

I did not want to cover this fab background with anything else. Once I had dyed some vintage ribbon in Dylusions Bubblegum Pink spray ink, I painted a trinket pin and a little embellishment from my stash in Distress Paint, using my heat gun to set it. 


Over at Simon Says Stamp and Show the challenge for this week is Water, where I  am entering this tag. Pop over and join in....there's lots of inspiration from the DT and other  crafty makes from participants.

Have a great weekend whatever you are doing

Crafty Hugs 

post signature

32 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I do love the way the paints stay so true when you use this technique, your background is so beautiful and I can see that you would not want to cover it up too much! Love this tag....

    Hope your cold goes away soon. Keep warm! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and that background is amazing. I just purchased some of the paints and can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo pretty - the wicking effect is amazing - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, i love your background, it reminds me af a stormy sky and the northern lights. Fab effect.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dreamy tag Annie,the colours are really stunning and blend to-gether perfectly. Love the sentiment, and it is so true. Hope your cold gets better soon. Hugs Mum xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, it's yummy, Annie - love that watery inky background, and the stamps look really cool against it - lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag Annie with great colors and stamps.
    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks gorgeous,lovethe background. Hope you feel better soon hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a dreamy blend of colors! Hope you're feeling much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Annie it looks fabulous I love the mix of colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUSSSSSS Annie,love the paint colors, then the beautiful blue vine and the brown sentiment, an how cute you painted the little trinket, and dyed your ribbon,fabulous piece of art, thanks for sharing, have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABULOUS Annie, love the painting, then the blue vine, brown sentiment, how cute you painted the trinket, and dyed the ribbon, fabulous piece of art, thanks for sharing and have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous use of colours Annie. The background reminds me a little of the Northern Lights. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colours of the background are amazing - i love the Tag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Annie...beautiful job on the Distress Paints! I live how you have created such a pretty blended explosion of color. I also love your stamping and the sentiment! Your little ideaology embellishments are perfect, too. I will share what you write about Cooper's canvas with him tomorrow. All of the family is coming for dinner tomorrow night. Thanks so much for your sweet comments and thanks for sharing this lovely tag with all of us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Annie, this is stunning!! That background has worked out so well, it looks amazing! The stamping over the top looks great too, lovely tag altogether!!

    Hope you "Duvet Day" has helped to make you feel better and enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That background turned out so cool! Great mix of colours too and the stamped images work really well. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great background Annie, amazing watery colours!

    have a nice Sunday, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic background and wonderful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous3/24/2013

    Annie
    This word came straight into my head ..... yummy! It is that dreamy blend of colours.
    I haven't tried the paints, I am a bit slow when it comes to new products lol
    I hope you feel better for taking a duvet day - get better soon.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous3/24/2013

    I wonder if you received my comment as I seemed to lose connection at one point.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  22. A Spring beauty here! Love the water blended painty background!!! Glorious! The stamped images are some of my favs! Beautiful tag! Thanks for playing in our watered down challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Annie wow this is stunning I adore the backing you made fabulous technique well done.
    Thank you for your visits so sweet of you have fun crafting Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful tag and great background you created! =)
    I have never used Distress paint, but it looks like a versatile product! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful tag, Annie! That background is amazing! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Annie. Just a quick thsnk you for the very sweet comment you left on my blog! I so appreciate it. My grandson came over last night and I told him what you had commented about his canvas the other day and where you live. He was so pleased and couldn't believe I knew someone so far away. Haha. Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello again Annie! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog about my steampunk tag. You're so sweet. Yep...we certainly DO love all things Tim and Ranger!!! I hope you're having a good week! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh,gosh hun this is brilliant just adore the background you have created and those colours are great. sorry not been over for a while hun,things not been to great,hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Incredible water technique Annie!!! Nothing makes me happier than seeing people get all inky and have a good play with their products. Love what you've produced here. :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW, Love the background, the colours are Fabulous, I have bought some distress paints, Yikes!! I still have not used them... Thank you for the wonderful inspiration I will have a play later... Have a safe & happy Easter.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just doing a catchup Annie and my eyes were drawn to the colours on this. Has me in mind of a peacock - they work so well together and I love the bright blue stamping. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Annie. I know what you mean about that Tattered Damask stamp! It's gorgeous! The owner of B-Line was so sweet to send ma several of her stamps so I could use them in my upcoming class. The stamps are so gorgeous when stamped out. They are such a nice quality and I truly love all of her designs...all very vintage/shabby chic feeling. Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog. It's much appreciated. You have a wonderful Easter. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x