Friday 6 September 2019

Box It Up at A Vintage Journey Challenge Blog

Hi everyone x Hope you are all good x Today I am sharing my project for Julia's Box It Up Challenge, which starts today over at A Vintage Journey Blog HERE

Here is what Julia has to say 
"This month our theme is boxes! Perhaps you will make a trunk or suitcase, some kind of package to hold a gift, or maybe make a card or journal page showing presents. Just remember to ensure that you create in one of our preferred styles of vintage, shabby, mixed media, art journaling, industrial, timeworn or steampunk."

I decided to alter a matchbox using some papers/washi tape from my stash  as well as a stamp set by Paperartsy
 
First of all I measured then adhered some paper froms my stash. Some washi tape was then applied to the top and bottom of the matchbox. The Paperartsy stamp was inked with Ranger Archival then fussy cut.  
 Distress Markers and Promarkers were applied to the doll and a piece of lace adhered using glue/staples, providing her with a skirt to cover her modesty  x
Idea-ology spoons were attached using jump rings and  brads.

Using a piece of card from my stash I created a little folder in which I could place a gift within the matchbox x The stamps are also by Paperartsy.
 To view more more creations by my teamies please click HERE, which will take you to the AVJ blog.
The challenge runs until the Thursday the 3rd October at 18:00 hours. We dont have prizes but the Top 3 Pinworthies will receive a badge for their sidebar.

Take care and happy crafting xx

post signature

15 comments:

  1. This is SO fun Annie! you actually used a real matchbox (instead of a die for a smaller one!) Love your regal queen with her spoon appendages and her lacy skirt. How fun for the recipient to open and find your little folder inside with a special treat! Thanks for joining in my challenge this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous matchbox project, so clever how you made the doll, love it! Have a happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun make! I love your beautiful matchbox lady with her lace skirts and spoon arms and legs, she looks amazing 😁. Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea, Annie . Your matchbox doll is terrific and i love the idea of a litle gift holding folder that you can place inside . Inspired used of the cutlery .

    have a lovely weekend
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea Annie! I love your doll and her teaspoon limbs. Its a great stamp and I never think to use it - so thanks for the reminder. I am sure the recipient will adore this. Happy weekend to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great idea for altering a small box, it has a fun and quirky look, I loved how you used the teaspoons.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, this is so creative! I love your design and the materials you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how stinking fun! LOVE that it's a match box to stash little bits in! Oh those legs! Super cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a super cool idea Annie, what a fun alteration of the humble match box!! Great use of that stamp too!Just love the way you used those wee spoons!! Whoever receives this is a lucky person!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a brilliant bit of upcycling, Annie - your matchbox girl is a delight. I love her spoon legs - that's so ingenious - and the little gift wallet to go inside is very sweet. Such a great piece of boxy inspiration.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie, this is a creative transformation of a matchbox! I love the little spoons you added for her appendages! Very fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute and fun Annie! I love her spoon legs, it's so ingenious.
    Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, this transformation is amazing! Love love love the spoons, what a fabulous idea! Great piece! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annie that really is an amazingly clever transformation of the matchbox! I also love her legs! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a fun transformation! Great inspiration too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x