Hello Everyone ...... I so love the weekend as I can spend longer in my craft room and get all inky.....which I have certainly done today!!!
I have a few projects that are ready to complete and here is my take on Tim's March Tag of 2013. If you would like to join in you can find Tim's recipe for his March Tag HERE
I had some of Tim's ingredients but not all of them..............so I had a good look at my stash to see what I could create my tag with :-)
You can see the finished tag below...then I have provided photographs of what I did when improvising.
Below is a picture of some items that I used.
I followed Tim's recipe but as I did not have the background paper I used a substitute from Tim Holtz 'Crowded Attic' Paper Stash.
I had the tinsel but as I did not have the rabbit die cut I adhered the ranger wonder tape at the bottom of my tag, imagining it to be the grass.........isn't imagination such a wonderful thing ......................now I am creating x
Tinsel now adhered, as seen below, and given the treatment as in Tim's recipe
I decided that although I had the styled labels die I would use Tim Holtz New Sizzix Oval die, as I imagined it as an Easter egg on my tag !!! I embossed it first and then inked it with Salty Ocean Distress Ink, highlighting areas with gilding wax in blue and gold, then it was edged in Vintage Photo. ( I don't know the name of the die but it is a Sizzix one.....sorry )
I placed the Sizzix Picket Fence die cut over the grass, blending Gathered Twigs DI and the gilding wax.
( it was also adhered with Ranger Wonder Tape)
I must have used all of my ideaology foliage so took some florals from Sizzix Tattered Flower Garland die and painted them with Tim Holtz Distress paint in Rusty Hinge and Chipped Sapphire. I placed some Ranger Stickles in 'Icicle' on the flowers, blending them in with that area of my tag, which was lovely and sparkly.
As it's March and I did not have a rabbit stamp I used the Hare stamp from
Stampers Anonymous Spring Sprung set ( CMS084).
He was coloured with a water brush dipped in DI placed on my craft sheet. I used an antique linen and vintage photo mix for the hare's body and a few layers of Salty Ocean DI on his jacket. I dried each layer before adding another to create depth of colour.
The cravat is painted with a mix of DI Fired Brick and a Barn Door Distress Marker
The vintage Ribbon was smooshed in Salty Ocean DI, which was well spritzed with water on my craft mat, then heat dried.
I am off now to link my tag on Tim Holtz blog, once again you can find it HERE
Have a fabulous weekend and I look forward to catching up with you all.