Hello everyone................another post that I am delighted to share with you all on my crafty journey.
This piece was made with a few challenges in mind as well as some up and coming celebrations !!
I was not sure where I was going with my crafty make other than the colours from photo inspiration on The Stampsmith Challenge theme and using some stamps that I had not used in some time as per Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge theme. Over at The Sunday Stampers the theme for this week was You Raise Me Up.
So grab a cuppa and lets go !!!
I started off with a piece of A4 card, which I trimmed and scored to make the envelope. I then trimmed another piece of card to make the inside pocket.
The edges of the envelope and pocket were die cut using Tim's Sizzix on the edge die, Distressed Doily.
I did not adhere it as I wanted to stamp the envelope on both sides first.
On the outside I used Tim's Stampers Anonymous Wallpaper Stamp ( CMS126). On the inside I used Tim's Stamper's Anonymous large Bookcover stamp ( CMS103), blending Vintage Photo Distress Ink on both sides. The edges were then distressed with Tim's paper distressing tool and inked with Walnut Stain DI.
I also used a stamp from Crafty Individuals that was a gift with my order and fitted perfectly in the book cover void.
This was the first time I used the CI stamp and it had certainly been some time since I used The Book Covers one
Once all the inking was done I adhered the pocket!
Some aged lace and Tartan Ribbon was adhered with Ranger Wonder Tape and the lace motif and brad/pearls were adhered with cosmic shimmer glue.
I then took a tag, which I inked with fired brick and festive berries, layering the colour until satisfied.
I used the large stamp from the Tim's Papillon set and added another layer of ink, before adding picket fence Distress Stains to a text stamp.
The bottom piece looks darker in this photograph but its just the shadow.....honestly !!!!
The beautiful Stampsmith photostamp image of 'Maude' was stamped on to speciality stamping card, using Archival Ink in Sepia. This image is so beautiful and my photographs do not do it justice. I matted the stamped image on to some brown card, which had the edges distressed and inked with Walnut Stain DI.
The image is slightly raised off the tag using foam pads.
Die cut Doily's were trimmed slightly and inked with Vintage Photo DI and adhered to the back of the tag.
To take away the inner white edge on the die cut section I ran a distress marker around, leaving a better finish.
Below is a close up of the layers on the tag
A close up of the Lace motif, aged slightly on the edges with Vintage Photo DI
I then took Tim's new Sizzix Movers and Shapers oval dies and one of his die cut words....Wish !! which fitted perfectly.
Some flowers, twine, ribbon and pearls were then added to complete this crafty project.
Sorry this post is so long but I know that some of you enjoy the 'how to'.
Hope you are all enjoying crafty time and I will be dropping in to find out.