Sunday 2 December 2012

Dreaming of Paris

Hello everyone its been a very cold weekend here but so far no snow, though I believe there was some snow lying in East Lothian on Friday.

Can I just say a huge thanks to followers old and new who visit my blog  regularly and leave lovely comments. They are truly appreciated as I know it is a busy time for everyone.

Below is a birthday card  I recently made. The stamp is from Inkylicious, unfortunately I don't know whose background paper I have used as they were purchased in a pack that I must have discarded. I have certainly had them for some time !!. The flowers are Prima and were again purchased many years ago, so its great to use them. They are all white and I have inked them with vintage photo and tumbled glass DI's.
I used a flourish stamp inked with Archival Sepia on the actual card, which is 7" by 7". The same flourish was used on the background paper. Here I used Versamark and copper embossing powder, which was heat set. I used TH distressing tool on the edges then aged with vintage photo DI.



The edges of the main image were torn and inked with tumbled glass over vintage photo. The eyes and mouth were inked with  TH Distress Markers.

Best wishes was inked with DI then spritzed with water as you can see below. 

When piecing together I matted the background paper on to some light brown card and swiped some DI along the edges to give an aged look. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges




Lots of crafting to do over the next few weeks as I am not organised at all..... but I always get there. My craft room is an absolute disaster, however, this year I can close the door instead of using the dining table and the cats wont get covered in glitter like they normally do.

Take care and keep warm.   Catch up soon x
post signature

21 comments:

  1. Oh, Annie - this is so beautiful! The delicate colours, and your wonderful shabby chic distressing went straight to my heart - just lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, now that is my kind of vintage! Not too over grungy but with a hint of gorgeous colour here and there, this is stunning. The flourishes are beautiful and the flower is perfect on it. Love, love, love it. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was a canvas! Love the ;muted colours you have used and the image is lovely. I think the recipient will fall in love with this, if it was mine it would end up as a picture on the wall as it is so beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times with your creation.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful feel to your card soft and dreamy :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Annie, I like the soft colours that face and the distressing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning, I love your card Annie, my favourite stamp and the colours are stunning and the swirls are fabulous. All in all a beautiful card. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is fabulous .. i love the colour combination
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card there Annie and that image is a beauty in itself! Well done you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! Love how you added color to her eyes and lips. Great color choices and a wonderful vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a beautiful make and lovely soft colours trace x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a birthday card!!! She is gorgeous...just a fabulous make!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agree with the other comments...Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annie...this is so pretty! Love your birthday card that you've designed. Such a sweet, shabby vintage feeling about it! Thanks so much for the very nice comment you left on my blog about my Christmas house. Your comment made me laugh. It was so sweet of you! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so beautiful, Annie. Love your stamping and those blue eyes. The flower, too, is so lovely with all its stacked parts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful card - that image is going on the Christmas wishlist having seen how you have used it. Hope you accomplish everything on that crafty to do list. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Annie. You inspired me to head over to the Inkylicious website where I found some of the most glorious stamps (including a beautiful face and the perfect Happy Birthday sentiments - hurrah!!) which are now winging their way towards my house ready for Christmas. Crafting 'problems' no. 1 solved. You are a star. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very very beautiful Annie.
    love the colors and the images very much.
    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful birthday card! Love the stamps and how you've mixed them together! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terrific card everything you have used on it looks do good

    LoveChrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Annie, I love the softness of the colours and that script paper is lovely, just perfect :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well Annie, you've got me dreaming of Paris with your beautiful card!

    Have fun creating all your Christmas magic. Ti's a shame your kitties won't be sparking with the glitter though this year. must be really pretty. LOl
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x