Tuesday 19 June 2012

Vintage Sentiment

Hello Everyone.........Today I am sharing a Birthday piece that I made for my Sister, who like me, is 21 again. ( I wish !!!) She particularly likes this style and whilst I had planned to sew something as a surprise, its not yet finished. ( I  have not used a  sewing machine since I was at secondary school, when we used to make 'drindle' skirts and vest tops............lovely !!! ) As my mum and sister both sew I thought I would have a go !!!

Anyway, back to this piece. I used an SB Grand Nestabilitie for the main card, which I backed to hide the lace trim. The edges of the card and lace were distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The Postcard was purchased a few years ago as I loved both the tin and cards inside. I also distressed the edges of the postcard with Vintage Photo DI to take away the white edge. A metal corner piece was adhered to the postcard and embellished with some pearls, which were also added to the  punched out DI inked butterfly. To finish the look I added a vintage flower and small sentiment from my stash.

I am entering this piece in the following challenges:




 A huge 'Thank You' for visiting as I love to read your comments x 





17 comments:

  1. Lovely card Annie, I'm sure your sister will love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful Annie, I am sure your sister will love it I like all the embellishments.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Anne. I'm sure Sis will love it too. The colour are well chosen and the sentiment is perfect. Hugs Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/19/2012

    Hi Annie
    Well I say lucky, lucky sister as this is too wonderful. Something she will treasure for a lifetime.
    Is she also lucky enough to receive those wonderful goodies? I recognise those graphics from the cover of a Somerset Studio - Papaya, might have the name slightly wrong.
    A wonderful post.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie thank you so much for your lovely comments whilst I was away .
    What fabulous creations you have been making, since my last visit , this one you have made for your sister is stunning , so feminine and beautiful .
    I love the one you made for fathers day too , so bold and masculine fabulous work
    Well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG..I'm 21 too!!! That's all I'm saying about that, I shall not expound further, just 21. :D
    Your card is sensational Annie. Your flair for vintage shabby chic is fantastic. That sentiment is outstanding!!
    Lucky sister you have. :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Annie and the colours are stunning
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pieces /annie, and many thanks for joining our challenge.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annie, this piece is stunning, that postcard is beautiful but you have made it look even better. Love the way you have done the 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder' part. The cards and tin are fabulous too. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, sure she'll love it.
    Thanks for taking part in the Scrapology challenge :)
    Linda
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning piece! Your sister is going to love it! Love to see what you've made with your sewing machine when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very beautiful.
    I think your sister will be very haapy when she get this card.

    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annie...this is so ultra gorgeous! It's so shabby romantic! Great embellies and image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is charming! That metal corner piece is so elegant.
    So glad you could play along with our challenge this week at TSTR!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Annie. Bet your sister loves this. There are so many different details to this. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute vintage card. Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,

    Sherry-DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do love this, great colourways & image

    Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft

    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x