Monday 4 June 2012

Aged Street Signs

Hi Everyone and   a huge welcome to my newest followers.  I have been busy crafting over the last few days but have not  yet managed to complete anything that  I can show on my blog !!!.................not a good idea to have too many things on the go at one time !! ( wish I could follow my own tips !!)    Pictured below is something I had been meaning to do for ages and with the acrylic wax and rusting powder from Crafty Notions I set to work.  I purchased these  London Street signs from an auction site about 8 months ago but they were brand new and unblemished. As I wanted a vintage /aged look the rusting technique was perfect and they  look great on the wall.

Take Care and Happy Crafting

Annie x




6 comments:

  1. Ohhh, most excellent! Your signs look terrific Annie. I hope you stop running in circles soon. :) Aren't projects fun though..LOL.
    Have a great week.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've had great fun with your signs Annie. Good luck with getting your various projects completed. Looking forward to seeing them. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, your signs look great, will suit the room perfectly too. I knew you must be up to something crafty. Hugs Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie! Thanks so much for your very sweet comment you left on my blog. It makes me so happy to know that I inspire you to try out the embossed metal foil sheets. They are fun and really easy to do. I love your signs. You did a great job of rusting and aging them! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I am going to have to buy some of that rusting powder, what a great idea for ageing things. Your signs are brilliant, hard to believe they are not really old. I hope you get the time to finish off some of your projects so that we can see them. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so fantastic and just the sort of thing I would have hanging up. great work on them
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x