Tuesday 29 May 2012

Haberdashery Tag 2012

Hi Everyone... and a special Hello to all my new followers. I love to receive the  lovely encouraging comments and enjoy returning the compliment by visiting your blog. 
My OH will tell you that I am the best 'footer' he has ever known and now I am blogging I need at least  8 days in the week !!
Well,  I finally managed to complete my  May submission to Tim's 12 Tag of 2012.  ( Tim's tutorial regarding techniques used, particularly enamelling the flowers, is  available on the previous red link) I did not have any tissue paper so instead I used baking parchment, which worked just as well.  Stamped images from  TH Stampers Anonymous- Haberdashery.  Distress Inks used on the tag as follows, Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo, with some Peacock Feathers. On CC101 Tim spoke about inking stamps and as I had never used these stamps before I should have known better as my first  image was not satisfactory. However, there are no mishaps in crafts..............(.she says convincingly !!)  I stamped the image once again and cut out the bodice to cover  the first one. Of course my imagination then came in to play and I dressed the bodice with organza ribbon and lace, adding a small  metal butterfly that my mum had given to me. I had purchased some small watch parts from Happy Daze, which I adhered to the lace and  centre of the butterfly. 
A pre-punched butterfly from my stash was cut in half and inked with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.( I love this colour) The butterfly wings were also adhered to the bodice giving a Steam Punk look.   I recycled a plastic  measuring tape that I had and using a gold paper fastener I hung the cute hanger ( gifted by my mum) and metal sentiment, both from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Range. 
It has been ages since I used my Ranger Melting Pot  and I really enjoyed enamelling the flowers.( also made a few embellies too, which you will see another day) My dad cut a wooden spool in half  and I inked it with vintage photo, adhered the flowers at the back, wrapped some recycled twine around and hey presto all it needed was a safety pin ( recycled from a new garment price tag) and some hand-dyed ribbon.

As I 'recycled' my metal butterfly, plastic tape measure, twine and safety pin I am  submitting this piece in the Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-invent Challenge. As  Make it Monday challenge is always Anything Goes I shall also submit my tag there too. The Craft Barn Challenge is Faux Finishes and as the flowers are enamelled I shall enter there as well. 

Thank you once again for visiting my blog. Please leave a 'wee' comment to let me know you  visited.

Crafty Hugs.....Annie :) 






22 comments:

  1. I love your 'adapt and overcome' approach to crafting because that's how I seem to get by with these tags too. Your tag is fabulous, I love the dress form and the cute skirt, love the colour of the butterfly and envy you having a melting pot (although not sure I can be trusted with one!). You have done an amazing job on this and I hope you win.........crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, meant to say that thanks for your tip, I order some sticky back metal sheets today. A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag, I love how you have used the butterfly and the lace skirt is perfect. Lovely composition too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable tag and what a great tag on the May challenge! Love all the details and the dress form is decorated so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress form, especially the butterflies and the lace. Good job adapting Tim's tag too. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Tag. The elements are so well constructed and the colours are perfect. Love the wings on the dress. Hugs Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, I love how the blue pops, and that cotton reel is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utterly gorgeous...love your wings and that butterfly in the center is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag Annie! Love the faux porcelain roses and the dress form look like a very happy 'accident'! Happy Wednesday! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow what a beautiful tag
    hugs Pia

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice, love the skirt and the flowers are so cuuuute.
    Thanks for the kind comment in my blog. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Annie for the lovely comment you left on my blog about my tag. yours is fantastic and I will be coming back to see some more of your work
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annie thanks for your nice comment on my blog,i love your tag is also very creative and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tag! Love the way you used the blue wings on the dress form and the metal butterfly is a great touch! Great flowers you made and nice that you got someone to cut a spool for you..I was afraid to try, so I didn't use one...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Annie, this is beautiful and you have added so many wonderful things. I especially love the little wooden spool and the measuring tape. Thank you for sharing this with us at Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous interpretation, full of tiny lovely details.

    Thanks for joining us at CraftBarn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very busy tag - looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is so much to look at in this beautiful tag, great result.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tag is vey original and beautiful, whooom !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this style but could never pull it off. Just fab. I came over from MIM. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous6/06/2012

    Such a beautiful tag! Thanks for entering our challenge.
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so nice! Great tag...

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x