Friday 1 June 2018

Stencil It !! at A Vintage Journey Challenge

Hi everyone...hope you are all good and enjoying the warmer weather x Over at A Vintage Journey this month Astrid is the hostess and her challenge theme is Stencil It !!  Here is what Astrid has to say:
"Create a project using at least one stencil, in a style that fits our challenge focus - vintage, shabby, mixed media, art journaling; industrial, timeworn or steampunk. There are so many possibilities to be creative with stencils on your cards, journals, layouts, ATCs or 3D projects. Stencils offer endless possibilities, be creative and have fun!"

I decided to join in with the challenge having recently purchased some AALL&Create stamps and stencils. I have seen several of my crafty friends use these stamps and Tracy Evans is also a designer for this wonderful company. View Tracy's blog HERE

The background was painted using two  colours of Paperartsy  Acrylic Paints using a brayer. 
I then added some That's Crafty texture paste through the AALL&Create stencil. I then stamped various AALL&Create stamps using Jet Black Archival and Sepia Archival permanent ink. The edge of the card was inked with Black Soot DI, which then highlights the lovely paint colours and stamping.
I love the sentiment, which is suitable for my niece, who has just finished her 4th year exams and is off to London with her mum for a wee break.
I hope you get the chance to join in with us for this fabulous challenge that enables you to create yummy texture and various details in lots of ways on your crafty projects . If you enter  the challenge and are chosen by the Creative Guides you will receive a  Pinworthy Badge for your blog.

For more inspiration please click HERE which will take you to A Vintage Journey where the Creative Guides have posted the  most amazing projects. 

Lots of Hugs & Happy Crafting xx
post signature

17 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Annie. Love the colours and textures. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Annie with fabulous stencilling and images. I’m sure your niece will love the sentiment and design made specially for her by her aunt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, the background colours are really wonderful Annie and the stencilling stands out beautifully against it - great mix of stamping too!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so beautiful Annie and totally appeals to me.. the colours and textures and movement! Aweomse!
    Happy creative June to you!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Annie and great colours!!! Fantastic use of your new AAL & Create
    goodies! I am sure Molly is just going to love it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A layered delight here, and oh the colors...makes me happy inside. LOVE this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful layered and stenciled card Annie. The colours look lovely as well I love those stamps you used, I've just ordered a few AAL products, just waiting for the postie.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely mix of stampings and textured stenciling Annie! love the colors you used on this! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful stencilling Annie which combines so well with those lovely stamps. I am sure your niece will love it! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really lovely card ! Annie . Your brayered background looks fabulous in those lush colours and your additional stamping and stenciling enhance it even more . I'm sure your niece will love it .

    Congratulations too on being featured on Paper Artsy's blog the other day .it was great to see your 'Tim' houses being shown as inspiration for their recent "paper doll' challenge.

    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card, Annie - perfect summertime stencilling, and the stamping is great too. I love that bee!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quote, gorgeous colours and wonderful design! This makes me feel happy! Great job Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Annie - fab stamping and stencilling - love that bee! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done! Love how much dimension that texture paste gave your project. Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Annie, I love these colors, and I really must get some of these paints! It's just so hard to choose which ones! The addition of the stamping and stenciling makes for one super card for your niece! I really do love that sentiment, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely card! The bright green with the stamps and stenciling looks beautiful 😁. Wishing you a happy and creative month! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. What gorgeous colours and how wonderful those stamps look against such lovely background! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x