Friday 22 June 2018

Journal folder/Booklet

Hi everyone...hope you are all good xx I have been away in the Baltic on holiday, which was totally amazing and the internet was intermittent as well as very expensive on our ship, hence the delay in this post. Prior to going my mammy and I had the most wonderful crafty day with our dear friend, Astrid, whom many of you know. We were inspired by Astrid to make a file folder/booklet, which I knew would be perfect for our our holiday, recording visits and any other information/ephemera collected along the way. 

Astrid has a very good step by step to create the journal/File Folder Booklet, which you can find HERE at A Vintage Journey

I have used lots of Tim Holtz stamps/rub ons/dies and Idea-Ology, some of which have been embossed and collaged. I have also used AALL&CREATE stamps too. 








It's such a wonderful keepsake and I had such fun creating it x 
I would like to enter my journal booklet over at Art Journal Journey, where the challenge is "Inspired By". My lovely friend Astrid always inspires me with her marvellous makes and this has to be one of my favourites so far. 
I am also entering the "Written Word" challenge over at Country View Crafts as there are lots of stamped/written words on each page within the booklet.
And have you seen the fabulous journals/mini albums over at the Mini Album Makers challenge blog...they are totally amazing and I am entering there too.
Sending huge hugs as always and have a lovely weekend xx 
post signature

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful keepsake - so much detail and fabulousness - love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fantastic travel booklet this is ! A gorgeous keepsake for your wonderful trip ! So many stupendous pages and the tags are fantastic on their own!
    Thank you very much to link this treasure to Art Journal Journey to our "Inspired by" topic! This is much apperciated dear Annie!
    Happy weekened!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie,hope you are well. Fantastic journal and wonderful use of inagery too. Adore the cover. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and all your support with my stamps. Big hugs ❤️❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day you must have had creating this beauty Annie, it is gorgeous and such a perfect accompaniment for your cruise. Thank you for sharing the different pages, they are beautifully embellished. I hope you will consider adding this to Mini Album Makers challenge this month! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal is really fantastic. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely beautiful annie - I love all the pockets in this style of journal - excellent for tags and tickets - love this! The baltic sounds wonderful! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous keepsake book. The details on each page looked fantastic.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what an awesome project - your book is fantastic. Love all the stamps, ephemera and lovely little details.
    Thanks for sharing who inspired you and joining in at AJJ.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Annie, this has truly become a real treasure keepsake!! Each page looks absolutely fantastic, and thank you so much for the shout out! I always love our crafty get together and feel the inspiration goes both ways! Oh and of course thanks for adding this to our challenge and Mini Album Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic and beautiful. I love this. Great artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just popped back to say thank you for joining in Mini Album Makers this month! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Annie, what a wonderful journal, you have created, together with your Mom and Astrid- you are so lucky to be that close, and able to connect together for creative days.
    Love the journal,. with all the details of the cruise and the sea- you have really added so much interest to each page,- and it must be a wonderful feeling holding it , finished,now.
    So fun to hear you visited Copenhagen, and beautiful Tivoli - I`m glad you enjoyed both the visit and the food , here. I`m not that often in Copenhagen- but love the old town myself.
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your art journals are amazing...fabulous work what a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful journal to hold your memories! I have never been on a cruise although my aunt and uncle tell us we would love it...maybe one day!!! Sorry not to have been around lately- things got a bit much and we went away with no connection to speak of! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzer - what a truly fabulous file folder, packed with gorgeous pages and brilliant tags... I can see Astrid inspired you, but you've created something which is all Annie! So sorry I've been missing so much... I really hope to do some proper catching up soon. Great to have you playing along at Mini Album Makers too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Annie, I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! Aren't you lucky to get to craft with Astrid - what fun! Your book is really amazing and totally you though. :) I just love how perfectly and cleverly you've used these awesome stamped images throughout. What a great way to record a perfect holiday. It's great to see you in our lineup. We are thrilled that you shared with us at Mini Album Makers and hope you'll find time to play again this month. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have NO idea how I missed this Annie. It's certainly TOO beautiful to ignore, that's for sure. I love how you created this travel journal to look like a file folder. The tags are out of this world and the idea of creating it for a trip at sea is wonderful. I know you will look back on it with fondness over the years. Thank you SO much, even though it's a bit late, for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x