Friday 30 September 2016

Tag Friday at A Vintage Journey

Hi everyone.............I can't believe that tomorrow is the first day of October and before we known it Halloween, Guy Fawkes Night and Christmas will be upon us !!!! OMG I hear you say !!!!

You may also remember that earlier this year I left A Vintage Journey and my lovely crafty buddies, whom I missed so much............the good news............ I am now back with them and I am just so happy and clearly, so is my mojo !!!! YAY !!!!

I don't know if its ever happened to you but I had a craft room clean/clear out over the summer and  once completed every time I went in to create I could not find what I wanted/lost my motivation and Mr Mojo clearly wasn't happy either !!!!

My mojo is clearly easing his way back and today I am joining in with my fabulous AVJ family and their Tag Friday post.
I was inspired by Andy Skinner, whom I saw on HOCHANDA a few weeks ago. I loved his rusting and aged techniques so made a purchase of Quinacridone Gold and Paynes Gray.
I had a few other paints i.e Raw Umber as I had participated in one of Andy's online workshops a few years ago.
Layering the Payne's fray and Quin Gold is fabulous and I shall be trying out more of Andy's techniques as I am a grungy style girl. I also loved the effect of the weathered wood and Antiquing Cream in Titanium White.
Above you can see variations of Andy's new stamps and below some numbers from one of his new stencils
The Livre Apothicaire is also a stamp of Andy Skinners, which I stamped on to tissue paper, splattered some Quinacrodone Red paint, added a spider and some grey  spider webbing type fabric that I picked up in Wilko last year for a pound. The Skeleton was also purchased cheaply in a food superstore too !!!!
Thank You for dropping in and I hope I have inspired you to look out for some of Andy's future shows, products or techniques shared on You Tube. 

Meanwhile you can check out the fabulous tags posted by my uber talented buddies over at AVJ by clicking HERE. To view the step by step you can visit their individual blogs by clicking on their names !!!!

Huge Hugs  xxxx

post signature

13 comments:

  1. Oh yes Mr Mojo is definitely back and what a fantastic tag to come home with. Love the grungy Andy like effects and brilliant design. So happy you decided to rejoin us cost we missed you too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, glad your mojo has come back and looking forward to seeing more! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have you back with us Annie!!! And with a bang I'd say! This is absolutely gorgeous! Grungy vintage at it's very best. I LOVE it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Annie, what a comeback!! Brilliant tag with all those wonderful Andy techniques! Mr Mojo is present for sure!! Have a great weekend, don't work too hard! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So brilliant to have you back on board for the journey, Annie - and what a stunning tag to set off with. Fabulous grungy use of Andy's techniques and products - always a joy to see them in action - I just love this!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel a song coming on.... 'Welcome Home'...! LOL. Showing my age. Great to have you back and love love love this! I still have Andy's shows recorded and yet unwatched - I must have a tv night xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely to have you back Annie. Love your tag. Adore grungy vintage and this fits the bill perfectly. Have a lovely weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely brilliant Annie and so glad you are back with AVJ! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super that you are back with the fantastic AVJ Annie!! Well you rocked your return with this fab tag. Brilliant A.S. effects too. (That arm is deadly! no pun etc!!!) Have a lovely weekend. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So thrilled to have you back Annie, missed you so much! I absolutely adore your tag with those fabulous Andy techniques. I see we have both been to Wilko and that supermarket - the netting is still only £1 too! Apart from the stunning background my favourite bit is the spooky arm - I just love it! Hope you are having a good weekend. Big hugs to you and your lovely Mum, Anne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy your are back with us Annie and what a fantastic 'come back' tag . Love all the 'Skinneresque' techniques and the spooky theme.
    Have a great weekend
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to see you creating again! LOVE this tag! The backgrounds of both pieces are great, and LOVE that arm coming out...spookilicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tag Annie, gorgeous grungy colours and textures and love the stamp. So happy you are back at AVJ, we have missed you and your lovely art! Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x