Tuesday 3 May 2016

Shabby Chic Doily and Lace card

Hi Everyone.............cant believe its May..........now where did April go!!! Today I am sharing a card that I made using the Madame Peraud papers, a vintage doily and a lace butterfly.
The edges of the card were distressed with scissors and I inserted some cheese cloths where I have torn the paper. 
A pearl was applied to the lace butterfly and some Calico Craft Parts adorn the corners, with a lovely little part placed on the butterfly. The CCP's had some white paint applied using my fingers and I also took one of Tim's stencils and applied some Gathered twigs on to the paper.

There is some sunshine here in my neck of the woods at present, though it has been quite mixed with cloud and showers, but apparently warmer weather is on its way...............Yay!!!


Take care whatever you are up to and I look forward to catching up with you soon

Huge Hugs

post signature

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Annie. Love those papers too. Hugs Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card, the lace details are beautiful.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card with the gorgeous doily and butterfly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie hope you are well. I love this shabby vintage card and the wonderful elements you have used, it's gorgeous. Yes it seems to be warming up just slightly here and we've certainly seen a bit more sun, long may it last. Huge hugs. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a really lovely card , love the corner embellishments too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Annie, love how you used the doily and those lovely CCPs!! Glad you got to enjoy some sunshine. We had a few rays too, but not for long.... Hope you are doing well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the doily and butterfly! Completely wonderful to use those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see you posting Annie and this is a gorgeous card! Beautifully textured with that wonderful doily and the lovely chunky corners are perfect to balance. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie, your card is exquisite. I love the detail! The lacy butterfly on top of the doily is such a lovely focal point. Love the flourishes and he stenciling in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Annie! I just love the soft frilly doily in combination with the wood pieces and the neutral background. Just so lovely, and that butterfly is a wonderful focal piece! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely vintage card - the doily looks great against the MP papers and I love the curlicue flourish and corners too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a beautiful vintage card, love the use of the doily and in such pretty shades. Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card, that gorgeous mix of elegance and shabby chicness.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Annie...I'm just checking in again to thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment about my Finnabair style canvas. It was so much fun to do and I'm so glad that you thought is was worthy of leaving a comment! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x