Tuesday 31 March 2015

More Butterflies

Just a quick post as life at the moment is very busy........in fact I am questioning how I managed to work full time and still manage daily life.....but you do !!
When my lovely friend Jenny ( Buttons) was playing with the new Limor Webber stamps for Indigo Blue, I knew that I just had to have the butterfly and of course some of the fabulous IB Flitter Glue.

 The flitter glue was placed on a Kaiser Clear stamp with fine detail and you can see that it worked very well.  The background was created using Brusho's, which I really need to practice with as you don't need much to obtain amazing colour. I had to apply Gesso over my painted Brusho colours as it was just a tad too bold for my liking. 
 Limor's fabulous stamp was inked with archival ink and stamped on to torn book pages, which were treated with gesso. Vintage Photo DI was used to create the colour and then spritzed and flicked with water a la Tim Holtz style. 
 Idea-Ology numbers and a little sentiment from my stash, which were stapled on using Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher as well as some pieces of lace
Sending you all big hugs and I will be back on Friday with a new DT project for AVJ's monthly challenge.

Take Care
post signature

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Annie!! I was debating grabbing that stamp, but you have sold me on it for sure, stunning! Love the metallic accents, and your beautiful Brushos background! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Absolutely Stunning. Much nicer in reality. I do love Limors stamps. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of the Brushos and the Limor stamp too Annie and the flittering looks so beautiful. I got the edging stamp set but have not had time to use it yet... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GOREOUS! LOVE the stamps and the gold! The way you did the butterfly is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, the gold highlights the lovely background.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Annie I'm THRILLED to see this! You've really captured so much beauty with those Brushos, the gilding on the edge (beautifully done I might say!) and the butterfly on the distressed background. I LOVE IT!!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Annie! This is gorgeous - love that gold but especially love the fabulous butterfly and it's setting!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie. This card is gorgeous! I love the butterfly focal point and how you prepared the torn book text with gesso and Vintage Photo then Tim's spritz and flick technique. That stamp is beautiful as well and looks perfect on it's grungy background. You are using some products here that I've never heard of but love your results! That gold is really striking against the softer blues/browns background. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life does take up a lot of time and then add work to the mixture and there goes time! I no longer work and still have no time! At least you managed to get in this lovely creation! I love this card and touches of gold! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous gilding, and that butterfly is fabulous. I love the antique look created by the book text and the lace pattern in the corners. I know what you mean about the busy side of life... Just about keeping on top of the making, but the visiting is all going to pot!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x