Tuesday 21 May 2019

Surprise & A Few Journal Pages

Hi everyone xx I apologise for my absence but sometimes life gets in the way and I have been so busy with many things I have not found time to edit/post. However, having recently had a very special birthday I am now retired and hope to create/post on a more regular basis. 😄
Below is a signature for inside a journal, which I made whilst spending a crafty day with my lovely friend, Astrid MacLean, of Astrids Artistic Efforts  Blog and my mammy, Rita, of RMG Creations Blog.
Astrid creates the most amazing journals in her own unique style and on that day we decided to create a signature insert using altered papers, which were stained with coffee and tea, We also made some pockets for holding a note/tag as well as flaps where we could reveal a message or quote. 
It was such a fun day and you can see my signature below, which I am now starting to fill with various scraps of papers/stamps and vintage lace. 

 The cover above was from a Tim Holtz Paper Stash
 Tim Holtz Fragments stamps were inked with Archival Ink in Sepia and stamped here and there, then some papers  from my stash were cut and glued.
 Some hand writing to be applied on the flap, although I do love this quote. 

I do hope that you are all well and I send my best wishes and hope to visit your blogs over the next couple of days xx 😍😍

post signature

7 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful signature, glad you have been having fun. Enjoy your retirement, I know how I enjoy mine! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful book and you must have had a lovely time crafting with Astrid and your mum. Belated Birthday wishes and enjoy your retirement.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project made even more special by creating it with your friends. Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog. It's amazing that your cats are over 20. That means they are WELL loved :-). Enjoy your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your signature Annie - and best of all the memories it will hold for you of the lovely day you had making it! Hugest of hugs! Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated birthday wishes dear friend and now you’re able to spend more time at the craft table hopefully! Love this signature, the way it’s been altered and the elements you’ve added.
    Have a wonderful bank holiday weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous journal Anne. You have at least started to fill it up. I need to refresh my memory as I have been doing other things that took up a great deal of my time. Hugs Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. No need to apologise for your absence - I'm in the same boat! Belated birthday greetings - very best wishes on your "big" number, and I hope retirement gives you lots of crafting time and energy.

    Love this vintage signature - it will be a perfect addition to a journal. The vintage elements all work together beautifully.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x