Friday 7 September 2018

Back To Nature @ A Vintage Journey Challenge Blog

Welcome everyone xx It's time for a new challenge theme over at A Vintage Journey Challenge Blog. The lovely and very talented Jennie Atkinson is our host and she has chosen "Back To Nature" as this month's theme. Here is what Jennie has to say :
"This month we are asking you to celebrate natural elements in your project. Think real nature in terms of twigs, dried flowers, shells or pebbles or perhaps stamps and stencils depicting these wonderful elements. Immerse yourself in the colours of the seasons whether they be bright or muted and create a project in our preferred styles of vintage, shabby, mixed media, art journaling, industrial, timeworn or steampunk."
I have chosen to use stamps, dies and inks, depicting natures flowers, stone pots, ivy leaves,birds and butterflies.  
My project is not quite what I had in mind as clearly Mr Mojo was working overtime and kept taking me on another journey. I have to say I am pleased with the outcome and I certainly had much fun along the way!!
 Shutters Open !
What started out as journal pages became an old, badly whitewashed wall on someone's house. The walls also showed signs of cracking having been exposed to nature's elements. I created Shutters using Tim Holtz Cabinet Die and a scoring tool. The shutters were inked with Black Soot DI to create an aged effect. That's Crafty Crackle Paste was applied over Paperartsy Hey Pesto paint and then washed with Paperartsy Snowflake. Just inside the shutter is paper from Tim Holtz Wallflower Stash. 
Sheena Douglas's Ivy stamp set, was inked with Ranger Archival in Potting Soil, then die cut. Tim Holts Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Rusty Hinge and Aged Mahogany were applied to the ivy leaves depicting the changing colours at this time of year. The beautiful swallow is from a stamp and die set by Tim Holtz. Some dies in my stash reminded me of a milk churn and stone flower pots that I new would be useful in this layout.
Below you can see my new favourite stamp and die set from Tim Holtz. I just love those gorgeous flowers and jars. Various DI's were used to colour the flowers before die cutting using my Sizzix Sidekick.
Once everything was inked and glued some butterflies were punched using Tim Holtz Butterfly Punch and I think they just set the page off x
I do hope you will join in with Jennie's amazing challenge x We love to see your entries and its wonderful to see all the various interpretations x For more inspiration by my wonderful teamies /Creative Guides please click HERE, which will take you to the AVJ Blog. I would like to enter this make over at That's Crafty where their challenge theme is Forever Autumn. Meanwhile thank you so much for visiting, your comments are truly appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful weekend whatever you are up to xx
Huge Hugs and Happy Crafting xx
post signature

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece! There are lots of old houses here with green shutters, and this reminds me of them. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the aged crackled wall, and those lovely green shutters, and it's so magical when they open up to reveal the little glass jar of flowers. Love the ivy garland too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful Panel , Annie. You have embraced the back to nature theme with all your lovely flowers, stone pots, leaves and butterflies . Love the whitewashed wall and such a clever idea to use Tims cabinet card die to create shutters that open to reveal more of nature's beauty . A truly lovely project .
    Have a lovely weekend
    Hugs

    p.s Thanks so much for stoppingby my blog this week and leaving me some love . Much appreciated :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, this really warms my heart! I love this old world garden wall with the overgrown ivy and shutters. What a brilliant idea to make them with that die! This was especially fun to watch come together! Thank you so much for sharing your process shots; for me that's the icing on the cake! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea to include the green shutters on your gorgeous project - I always love the anticipation of surprise. And what a gorgeous surprise there is! You have created a wonderful Back to Nature piece with the gorgeous mix of lovely colours and floral embellishments. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the step by step photos Annie, and it may not be what you intended but it is a beautiful panel and would make a stunning gift.
    Thanks for joining in this months challenge at That's Crafty
    Helen Pigott xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulous piece Annie - I love those Ivy leaves - they look so beautiful - nd the shutters are just such a fab idea! Brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, you took me back to France with your beautiful shuttered window and the scene you created behind the window is so pretty, I love the vase with the flowers! The ivy around the window is beautiful too, the whole scene really makes me smile! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Anne, what a wonderful project you have created. The wall with the Ivy looks so true to life and the shutters just gives the finish that is required for this marvellous piece of art. Well Done. Hugs Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a gorgeous project Annie, The shutters opening to see the beautiful jar of flowers and inside scene was amazing.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely old garden wall Annie! Love the arched shutters that open to reveal the flowers and butterflies within! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those romantic shutters, and the flowers in the pots are perfection. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so clever!! Love the idea of the shutters!!! Love the ivy, so beautifully coloured over the window too, and the flowers in the vase are of course super! The whole project is just perfect for the theme!

    Sorry I have not visited for so long, but as you know I have had issues with blogger and have not been able to comment, but it is finally sorted now it seems, pfew…. Your trick did not work for me, but in the end I found that after using Explorer rather than Chrome it started to work again....

    ReplyDelete
  14. This project is so clever made and looks preciuos! All the beatiful additions and detail and all together it is eyecandy at its finest!

    Happy September Annie!
    Hugs Susi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Annie, love the secrets hidden behind the shutters and your little floral bouquet is coloured to perfection. Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! Fabulous design and I love that your shutters can open.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Annie
    Just found you from your Mums blog.... love all your work... I am on our CCC with here...
    Love Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful Annie, I adore the window. You have showcased the nature theme perfectly. Have a wonderful weekend Annie. Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderfully pretty and effusive Annie. Nice transformation to the cabinet card die cut - I might copy that!! Have a lovely week. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how Mr Mojo interfered here to help you create this fabulous card! The flowers inside and out look wonderful! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautifully made, love it and perfect for the challenge.
    Thanks for joining in with us at That's Crafty!
    Sam :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Annie I love the effects you have achieved on this fabulous piece - the beautiful distressed wall, the changing colours of the leaves and the magical shutters opening to reveal their secrets within. A great autumnal scene. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Annie, this window idea is amazing! I just love the effect and the ivy really frames it well. Stunning inspiration! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x