Wednesday 1 November 2017

Let's Get Rusting

Hi everyone ...............I cannot believe that 2 months have passed since my last post.....but then again maybe I can!!! I have made some cards for special anniversaries but creating for fun has not been easy as Mr Mojo decided to go AWOL !!!!! Think he may have been annoyed as DH and I have been rather busy with household maintenance/de-cluttering etc. I also cleaned my craft room, which took me a week as I labelled everything in clear plastic boxes...................!!!!The last time I cleaned the craft room I spent ages looking for things...so this time I should be able to locate items easier!!

Last night is the first time in ages that I thoroughly enjoyed playing/creating in my craft room..It was so nice to play with Seth Apter Stamps and incorporate some rusting. A recent post over at PaperArtsy reminded me how much I love to rust items and it had been some time since I used my rusting powder. 
And Voila !!!!
 Recipe:
Many moons ago I watched a PaperArtsy video where Leandra used a brayer and Fresco paints to create a really nice background. I then took some Black Acrylic Ink and allowed it to drip from the top of the card. Some Black Soot DI was used to tone everything down and highlight the edges of the background. Seth's stamps were all stamped in Archival Ink using a stamping platform and then fussy cut. I die cut a small circle out of black card, took a couple of Idea-ology gears and applied acrylic then rusting powder plus  a spray of vinegar............scrumptious rust !!!!  I then applied some acrylic to various areas of the background/stamped image and again applied the rusting powder and vinegar.

Having been inspired with all the rusty elements shown over at  the PaperArtsy  blog this fortnight I would like to link my make to their Rustification challenge. Why don't you join in by clicking HERE


Thank You so much for dropping in and for leaving me a comment......................I am away for a few days but hope to be posting again soon..after all it's coming up to that busy time of year when Mr Claus will be visiting.

Huge hugs xxxxx Happy Crafting
post signature

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,rust is always a fave with me, and it's great to see you around again! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rust and Seth Apter stamps....a great mix! Love this Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous rusting Annie! and what better way than to use it with Seth Apter stamps! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabulous set of stamps by Seth, it is my favourite and you have used it beautifully Annie, the rust is fantastic! Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you again...I know about life getting busy, and I NEED to declutter too. OH your rust...love the bits and pieces. Gorgeous blues too. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an Amazing card Annie. Love all the rusting detail you have done on this, the stamps look fantastic too along with rusting. Hugs Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its good to see Mr Mojo is returning. It is a fabulous project and great rusty effects.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is UNIQUE!
    Good to see your art again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Annie! Back on a high I think! This really does look fantastic! Glad you got the sorting out done! I have labelled a lot of my craft boxes - all I need to to do now is remember to put things away as soon as I have finished with them! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab creation Annie, love all of the rust and your colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this Annie. Great combo of rust and Seth stuff. Rustylicious. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic ! Love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome use of these cool stamps Annie! I just love this amazing piece! Such an inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great design on this Annie! love the drips and that wonderful stamp! Looks like your MOJO has returned and how nice to have your craft room organized too! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely! Fabulous use of Seth stamps!! Thanks for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness - so glad I caught this (even if I'm a month behind!). Your rusty effects are simply fabulous, Annie - stunning use of Seth's stamps to create this piece full of weathered depth and meaning. I love it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I'm LATE! But I just had to say something about this! I love the deep blues and oh that amazing rust combination! Gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x