Friday 6 January 2017

Going Round In Circles at A Vintage Journey Challenge Blog

Hi everyone xx Here we are with the first challenge for A Vintage Journey in 2017 and our theme is 
"Going Round In Circles". See below for the challenge details:

Whether large or small, 2d or 3d, clock face embellishments, buttons, eyelets or created with paint pot lids, stamped, stencilled, doodled or finger painted let’s see what gets you going round in circles. This challenge theme particularly fits with the art journaling style we love to see but can also be incorporated into a vintage; shabby; mixed-media; industrial or steampunk project.

I decided to incorporate a mix of Journalling and Vintage/ Shabby Chic styles in my project, which you can see below:
 I was not sure at all where I was going but decided to cut out some circles of varying sizes as viewed below.
 As the big wheel is a circle I decided to incorporate the stamp on the large circle, which was stamped in Sepia Archival Ink then blended with Tea-Dye Distress Ink
 Some Dot stencilling applied in Black Soot DI
 Paint was applied to a small bottle cap and placed here and there on all three circles. The same paint was also applied to my Ranger scraper, but you could also use an old credit card to create some lines.
 Teesha Moore stamps were inked in Jet Black Archival and then fussy cut. The smallest circles from the SB die were coloured with Tattered Rose DI and then cut/ sprayed with water/shaped with some tools and left to dry.
 To bring in some of the vintage/Shabby appearance I wanted to create I adhered some round ribbon flowers and pearls on all three circles as seen below. You can also view the little shabby flower.
 
 An Idea-Ology Tag fitted the bill for even more circles. I also took a white pen and added some dots around the paint marks. A little butterfly was cut from old book pages and adhered to card,  edged with Black Soot DI then decorated with some pearls.
 Then it was decision time for which ribbon to apply as I thought this make would be a nice wall hanging. I also adhered some clean die cut circles on the back to give it a  more professional finish, especially if it becomes a gift (also hides my mess!!)
 A close up of the large panel, edged in Black Soot DI
 A close up of the middle panel
And the small panel. ( just spied some glue, which I should have cleaned prior to photographing....sorry about that) xx
Over at A Vintage Journey you can view more challenge themed inspirational projects created by our very talented Creative Guides. Just Click HERE
There is also a random winner chosen every month as well as the chance to be a Challenge Pinworthy/future Guest Creative Guide for 3 of the challenge entrants. 
Thank You so much for dropping in to my little corner of blog land. As always your visits are very much appreciated. 
Looking forward to seeing your entries at AVJ xxxx
post signature

19 comments:

  1. Fantastic piece Happy New Year, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely vintage wall hanging you created with your lacey die cut circles Annie! - wonderful stampings and aging on each one and pretty texture added with the flowers! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your altered circles Annie, beautifully stamped and added to the ribbon for a perfect room display. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely vintage hanging Annie - a gorgeous mix of stamps, texture and colours. A great interpretation of the challenge theme! Have a great weekend! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've layered the stamped images into your circular doily frames. What a great vintage hanging.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing. I love that Paris stamp you used for the background. Happy 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok...so I've never thought journaling had a particular look and that you can transfer that to a decor piece...but now I see what you mean...so cool. Love your little hanging, and love the backgrounds! Happy new year friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a wonderful hanging, love all the details in each part of it and the super vintage look the way you used the ribbon to mount it on.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable Annie! I love the vintage look to each doily and the way you've added smaller circular pieces of ephemera to them xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is such a cool interpretation to the theme Annie, I LOVE what you did and you have totally tempted me with those Teesha Moore stamps!!! Fabulous project, - it will make a super piece of wall art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderfully creative and clever design - beautifully done xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great vintage shabby wall art, and I so enjoyed reading how it all came together! Isn't the creative process more than 1/2 the fun of getting to the end product??? I love those little collages and my favorite bit is your addition of the pen doodles--perfect finishing detail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely vintage wall hanging Annie with a touch of 'funkie' with your use of Teesha stamps. Great idea and a perfect way of interpreting the theme .
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your arty collaged circles Annie! The pearly flowers are a lovely addition and I love the quirky girl on the middle one! The pen doodles are a great finishing touch too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you included the step x step snaps Annie as they demonstrate even more fully how brilliantly 'circled' this decoration is. Genius interpretation of theme and this looks fabulous. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Annie, I love your take on "going round in circles" and love the creative process. Fabulous project! Hope Ronnie and you are enjoying the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Dear, Sorry I'm a bit late with my comment. It's Fabulous and will look beautiful as a wall hanging. Hugs Mum xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New year Annie - I know I am a lot late but better late than never! I love your make! gorgeous! Funny how tidying makes you lose things isn't it?? Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Annie! Thank you for your super sweet comment! It was so good to hear from you! I've been a bit AWOL from commenting and no excuses for it. Just being a bad friend. :) This wall hanging you've made is darling. I love your plain circles and how you made them look so mixed media and fun! Very vintage with an artsy twist thrown in. Each circle so different! Love it! Happy New Year. I hope that 2017 has started off well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x