Thursday 22 January 2015

Flower Power @ Artist Trading Post Exchange

This fortnight it's the very talented Julia who is our host and she has chosen the challenge theme of "Flower Power". 

Here are the details that Julia has provided:

'January is often a very grey and dark month. With this in mind, I'd like to brighten things up a little and bring some summer fun into the winter. Using a Mixed Media style, I'd like you to make some handmade flowers and use them on a project of your choice. Remember we are a Mixed Media challenge and and stamping must be included, but no digi images please.'

Below is my take on this fab challenge ( highlighted products can be purchased from the Artist Trading Post Online Store) :


First I stained a piece of card with Wild Honey and Vintage Photo Distress Stains, which I wiped back with a baby wipe. I then applied Salty Ocean Distress Ink through Tim Holtz Latticework Stencil, prior to edging with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
 I then applied Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil on to Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous large Damask Stamp,  which i stamped on to some muslin cloth from my stash. The torn paper is one of the Finnabair collections. The edges were distressed and torn then inked with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain DI.
 My flowers were die cut using my Sizzix Big Shot and Tim Holtz Sizzix Strip Die. The flowers were inked with Vintage Photo DI then attached using a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Long Fasteners.
 A close up of one of the flowers and some spare muslin that was attached can be seen below. 

To layer/adhere items I used  Ranger  Inkessentials Glossy Accents and Glue 'N' Seal
 Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog. I love to read your comments and to return the compliment.
For more  challenge details and to view the amazing projects created by my DT sisters please click HERE.

Have a great week xxx



23 comments:

  1. The stamped fabric is gorgeous, lovely layering of textures, a beautifully designed piece. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Annie! Great vintage appeal, love the layers particularly the stamped muslin..... Must give this a try toni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh just adore,this to bits,hun and always love,how you show the stages,brilliant hugs Cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful layered piece Annie, love the textures of the hessian and of course the rusty heart looks super!

    Hope the wedding preparations are going well, - not long now.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Creation. Love that colour combo too. Hugs Mum xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project! Love the background and your color choices too. It definitely brightens up a grey winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Annie,
    Love this so much, it has wonderful MM elements that add so much interest and a tactile quality to your design.
    Smiles:)
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Annie, I LOVE this, it has a look of a medieval scroll mounted.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie, this is totally gorgeous! I love all the layers, but that damask stamped fabric is amazing. Love that heart! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie, this is gorgeous! I absolutely love the rusty heart and the stamped muslin is so beautiful - this is one to be treasured. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous piece, love all the layers, textures and colours.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your stamped fabric Annie - that stamp is one of my favourites too. The sweet little flowers you've created are lovely and against that beautiful backdrop they work perfectly. I have some of those rusted hearts stashed away - yours looks so good here. Thanks for making such a lovely vintage creation for my challenge.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Annie, lovely layers and design.
    Thinking of you as the time is drawing nearer, thanks for sending me the photos, you are working so hard with everything.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh...a new favorite!!! LOVE this Annie! Love the layers...unconventional colors, and the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Annie! It really has a wonderful medieval feel about it with that wonderfully stamped hessian. Have a great weekend ! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with your Flower Power plaque, Annie... the glow of the colours and the rusty heart against the book page and all that gorgeous frayed fabric - yes, yes, yes!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your beautiful and stunning creation, it’s gorgeous and the beauties added certainly make this just exquisite..xx
    ..♥ aNNie



    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Evening Annie - what a wonderful piece - so fresh and pretty - love it! Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous project, Annie! Love the gorgeous heart! So pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous2/03/2015

    Ooooh Annie! How gorgeous is this creation. I am sure it is glowing! I love the stamped muslin, but of course I would love that and also that rusty heart as the focal. What an absolute delight of a project.
    Hope life is being kind to you. Sorry I have been so quiet.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  21. A really lovely piece Annie ! X

    ReplyDelete
  22. A favourite piece from you Annie. I love the whole composition and that amazing heart. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x