Thursday 27 November 2014

Recycle for Christmas @ Artist Trading Post Exchange

Christmas !!!! it really is coming round too quick, however,  I now have a couple of gifts made as I recycled a couple of Pringle Tubes.  (for candles or an umbrella, scarf, sweeties)

Yvonne is the host for our challenge this fortnight and here are the details for her 'Recycle for Christmas Challenge'
"Even an old piece of packaging can soon be transformed for example, into the base for a decorative hanging.
Give and old box a make over to hold a gift. I'm sure you can think of many more ideas."
"Remember we are a Mixed Media Challenge and your make must reflect this style., include some stamping in your entries and please, no digi's. You can combine our challenge with 10 others including this one.
At ATP Exchange the DT choose the winner who will receive a £10 voucher kindly donated by the
 Artist Trading Post to spend in their store.
  We also choose our Top 3, so there are are number of ways to have your work celebrated"

So here are some photographs and details on my recycled gifts xx


I wasn't quite sure where I was going at first so decided to apply some  Golden gesso in case I decided to paint the tubes. I also painted the plastic lid with Gesso too.
Having made another project using Tim Holtz Seasonal Paper Stash I decided to use some more of these fabulous festive papers, adhering them with Ranger Glue n Seal.
Lace was adhered using Power Tape as well as some Glue N Seal on some parts/ends.
 I then used Ranger Archival Ink on Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Rubber Stamp Sets,

The stamped images were coloured using Tim Holtz Distress Markers in reds, greens and browns, finishing off with Distress Inks. ( Vintage Photo)
You can see the Spellbinders die cuts were layered and adhered to the tube using Ranger Glue n Seal.
Almost there :-)
First I painted Calico Red, Americana on the lids, but felt it too red. To tone the colour down I added Decoart Worn Penny Dazzling Metallics.....fabulous colour/effect when combined.
Some festive leaves, berries and pine cones  from my stash decorate the lids, some hessian ribbon, and a strip of paper from the seasonal stash and we are done.
For even more inspiration by the talented DT  pop over to the challenge blog by clicking HERE. 
Hope you can join in with us...............see you over on the blog


I would also like to enter these two recycled items over at the Anything Goes challenge at Recycle, Re-purpose& Re-invent Challenge Blog

crafty hugs x
post signature

16 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Annie! How fabulous to receive a Christmas gift in one of these beauties. I love the images you chose and the lace and hessian are fantastic finishing touches - love these! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous alterations Annie, - who would have thought they started life and pringles tubes, - they look fantastic! The hessian and lace are just the perfect finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Annie. Stunning gift boxes, upcycling at its very best. They look so festive and I'm sure the recipients will love them too. Hugs Mum xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ultimate gift holder...pringles jar...I LOVE IT! I think these recycled beauties are just perfect. I love the images you chose too. I should getting eating ASAP!
    Hugs and have a great weekend Annie.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely altered Pringle tubes Annie. I love the hand coloured stamping and the use of fabrics.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and festive, great recycling Annie, love these containers. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11/27/2014

    Fabulous idea Annie ! The transformation is amazing and the colours are beautiful ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always knew Pringles boxes had a better life to come!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome recycling and such a great gift container idea. Love the festive papers and images, You have made the humble Pringle tube look fabulous.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't Pringle boxes great for altering. I just wish a bottle of wine would fit into them.Love the vintage style of yours Annie and the addition of lace.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great piece of recycling Annie , those tubes will be perfect for packaging gifts ! Bring on the Pringles ... Well .... Seeing these makes me want to rush out and get some...., and eat them ! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your altered chip containers. Lovely for Christmas. Thank you for joining us at Recycle, Re-purpose and re-invent. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11/30/2014

    Gorgeously festive and the most beautiful package for all manner of gifts.
    I am going to give you a ticking off ... all of a sudden I have a hankering for Pringles!!!
    Brilliant re-cycling/up-cycling.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a clever bit of recycling - these look amazing, Annie. I love your tinting on the images, brilliant, but like Lynne, I'm now feeling Pringles-peckish!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are wonderful annie - such an inspuration. i hope to have a go at that. brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic, always love the up-cycling idea. Both pieces are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x