Friday 19 September 2014

The Colours of Autumn @ A Vintage Journey

Hi Everyone........hope you are all safe and well x  It's time for another challenge over at AVJ and I have to say that we were bowled over by the fabulous entries for Jennie's 'With a Flourish Challenge'.  The very talented Astrid McLean of Astrid's Artistic Efforts is our host for this  fortnight's challenge and she would like to see The Colours of Autumn in your crafty creations. To read the challenge details and to view the fabulous projects created by our Creative Guides ( DT) click HERE

As always its important to read our Travelling Instructions, ensuring that your entry/post is eligible for a gift voucher from Country View Crafts, who are our regular sponsor. 

Here is the project that I have created

 

Below are photographs of the process :-)

Card covered in foil and then embossed using a TH embossing folder. Various alcohol inks were then applied to the surface.

 The cardboard was in my stash and had actually been started for another project that I never finished or changed direction !! Torn papers were already adhered so I applied Distress Paints in Walnut Stain and Rusty Hinge.
 This challenge gave me the chance to play with Tim Holtz New Sizzix  Leaf Die and Embossing Folder...and I love it!!!! Rusty Hinge  DI was applied to the leaf, then Vintage Photo and Iced Spruce. I also used my fingers and a thin paint brush to add some shape to the leaves before adhering to the frame.
 Salvage Stickers from Tim Holtz Seasonal Stash were placed on card then cut out and edged with Walnut Stain Distress Ink....you can see that it is starting to come together :-)
 I then began to play with the layout and decided that I would like to bring some green in to my project, so I dyed some muslin using some Dylusion Sprays in Orange and Green then added water, smooshing the fabric around on my craft mat, then dried it with my heat tool.
 A close up of the corner.....isn't that leaf fabulous ?
 These Salvage Stickers look great don't they? You can see too how inking the edges gives more definition to the card.  I wish I had torn the edges with my Distress Tool, however, it's too late as I have adhered them now.
 Unfortunately I did not have a little pumpkin or acorn or anything like that but I can always add them later.....and yes, I may just have to distress those edges !!!!


Thank You so much for popping to my little crafty space, it is always nice to know you called, so please leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can. 
I do hope you can join in this fun challenge and  we look forward to viewing your crafty creations. 

Bye for now and huge hugs

post signature

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous Annie! Love how this came together! The foiled bit in the middle looks great and I love how you used those gorgeous leaves!! A stunning Autumnal piece and something to cheer one up on this sad day for Scotland :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. To see this beautiful piece come together is a joy and I love the contrast of the foiled background against those autumnal leaves. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the large flashing leaves... so very brilliantly created and put onto this wonderfully exciting piece.. love it all Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous hanging Annie, I love the foil mount, it is so rich in colour tones and with the wonderful leaves and ephemera you have produced an autumn delight.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful creation Annie, I love, love the Autumnal tones you created on the foil and those gorgeous leaves and I love the addition of the fabric and the salvage stickers. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie...this is so pretty. You've done such a lovely job of capturing the colors of autumn with this piece. I love the mix of embossed metals and the corrugated board and all of your lovely embellishments. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous piece of Art. Love the autumnal look and those leaves are stunning. Enjoy your Weekend. Hugs Mum xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a work of art and I am so inspired by the coolness of the colors and the crispness of the Autumn bliss is sends offs. I LOVE this time of year and I get so excited when I see those leaves and cool colors of Fall. Gorgeous work Annie! :)
    Hugs to you and happy weekend.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love the die and how you have used it so beautifully. Your colors say Autumn loud and clear. Simply wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to watch you bring this to life, Annie! I love the foil inset with all those glorious Autumn leaves. Great texture with the corrugated cardboard! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, yum - love the metallic panel at the heart of this, and those leaves are absolutely gorgeous... that's going to be a must-have die, I can see! Fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE the metal!!! Those leaves are fantastic too! Gorgeous Autumn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous project. Thanks for the photos. Love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning project, love the details and photos, the colours are beautiful,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! Love all the beautiful layers of textures and colours the background is beautiful
    With autumn colours of those stunning leaves and bows on the frame, fabulous

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just so stunning Annie - the background is really wonderful, but those leaves are just fabulous! So many wonderful details - a fabulous autumnal piece.

    PS Sorry to be so late visiting - it has been an away weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! Love all the layering and those gorgeous colors. Bet it was hard to cover your beautiful embossed AI piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the metallic look and the gorgeous autumn colors of the leaves, they look like real ones. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is beautiful Annie - such a fabulous piece. I love the colours and the leaves are stunning. Hugs to you Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your fall project is absolutely stunning! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some great texture and variety with the wood and metallic background. I know you must have had a hard time with covering all that beautiful foil card...but it gives just enough contrast to the entire piece. Absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x