Friday 25 July 2014

Just Stain It @ A Vintage Journey Challenge Blog

Hi everyone and welcome to followers old and new......its great to have you visit today as there's a new challenge over at A Vintage Journey. 
The uber talented Jenny (Buttons) is our challenge host  this fortnight and she is asking that you use 'Distress Stains' on your projects to be in with a chance of winning a gift voucher from our regular sponsor Country View Crafts. 
As always, its very important that you read Jenny's challenge details followed by the Travelling Instructions.

It has been some time since I played with my Distress Stains but I really had a great time and you can see my DT project below:

 The background is a 6 by 6 paper from Tim Holtz Wallflower Paper Stash that I covered in Picket Fence Distress Stain, then tore the edges with my paper distresser tool and blended with Walnut Stain DI
 A smaller paper from the same TH stash was cut out and I took this photograph to let you see the before and after stains effect. I love the shabbiness of the large background paper when you apply the  PF DS.
 I remembered that Tim has shown us how to distress Kraft Glassine on page 26 of his CC2 book, and you can see the result below. 
 I also applied various shades of Distress Stain to some tissue tape, then, once heat dried I applied a layer of Picket Fence Distress Stain to tone the colour down a bit.
 You can see below that I decided to tear the kraft glassine and tissue tape applying them on the background paper. (To store unused tissue tape that I have coloured I stick it to some plastic or acetate for future use.)
 Metallic Distress Stain was applied to some Kraft Card as I wanted to have a brass colour to mat my top piece on to.
 The Distress Stains are also perfect for colouring ribbon and I am sure that you have seen Tim Holtz do this many times on his blog.

 A close up of the centre piece of my card.
Some Idea-ology in the form of the metal flowers, paperclip and a word band, as well as some butterflies and a postage stamp  from Tim's New Ephemera completed the look. The butterflies were coloured with Distress Markers and edged with Vintage Photo DI.

 To view even more inspirational makes by my fabulous DT sisters please click HERE

Thank you so much for dropping in and I do apologise for the number of photographs, however, I know that many of you like to see how the finished project was achieved.
Take care and I hope you can join in with our challenge.....it would be great to see you over there.

Bye for now xx
post signature

36 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! So many techniques - just brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Annie! The glassine is a great touch, but entire project is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More pictures the merrier I am...I LOVE seeing the process. I wish we could all gather together in a huge convention center and just craft together, but since we can't, seeing the process is just as good. Your creation turned out fabulously Annie. I love your techniques and watching what you create through your creative journey. You've shown great ideas with the DI's. :)
    Have a super weekend.
    hugs
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Annie! The drama of the deeper coloured ephemera and bows against the PF altered backgrounds is superb. Love the ideas you've used to create this fantastic piece. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to love here, Annie! Those butterflies are gorgeous and love them getting ready to fly off. Beautiful use of stains and colors. Love this. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is just beautiful I love those butterflies :) you have a new follower :)

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful job, love the vintage feel!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, Been a while since my last visit and though I'd pop in to see all the wonderful things you have been creating. Love this piece! The distressed papers against the soft colors of the printed sheet makes for a wonderful combination.
    :) Take care, Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely background for your pretty butterflies and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how pretty, Annie! Love your use of the papers, and those dimensional butterflies hovering over the top are fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how the butterflies seem to be fluttering off the page. Its a gorgeous project.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annie, your card is stunning! I just adore all those beautiful butterflies and I love the background you created, also using the glassine - so, so beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh hun this is realky beautiful love everything about it I just always love your attention to detailbrilliant hun hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! I adore your take on this challenge and love how your project is distressed, but is still so lovely. The pastels still come through and I really like the color and energy it has. Beautiful job-- thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was sat looking at my Wallflower pad last night thinking I don't want to spoil you! Now I have seen your creation I am getting out my Picket Fence! Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the different elements which work together so beautifully
    The colours on the Kraft Glassine and tissue overlay is lovely
    Great use on the bows too, they look amazing like metal

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous7/26/2014

    Annie
    I like that you made the paper your own with the application of stains. Those little touches of glassine and tissue tape brings lovely texture to the card. Very beautiful.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beauty! Love the stained paper background! Just a wonderful effect! Love the glassine too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really great creation, love the layout and design you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic elements to this, so beautifullly put together - I love the stained tissue tape! Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is amazing, Annie! Love the subtle soft distress look! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Annie! This is a dream of a card! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning and oh I wish I could be as talented, love your work Annie...
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great backgrounds of the layers and such a nice card in total Annie!
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just beautiful! Love all the layering and those fab 3D b'flies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW...Anne I adore the background & fantastic techniques... Gorgeous creative work... Love it all.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow gorgeous card, love the layered effects and the Distress Stains. I don't have them, something for me to think about :) Take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous7/29/2014

    Beautiful card Annie. Very vintage, great bow and butterflies too. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, that's a wonderful card with great details.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it! The background, the butterflies, those darling little bows. Love it all! Just Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh hun this is stunning,the details and the butterflies are just lushes love it to bits hugs Cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous8/03/2014

    Gorgeous project Annie ! Love the layering and the butterflies and bows are fabulous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a lovely project Annie those butterflies are beautiful
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely, I never would have thought to use the Picket Fence over one of Tim's papers but love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous piece Annie, Great background and the use of the Glassine, adding lovely texture.
    Love the butterflies.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this piece of art... I had to comment on it , as this is one of my favorite pieces of paper in that whole pad... love what you have done with it... so vey elegant... hope you are having a wonderful day in Scotland... Our son loves Scotland... and is over there at least every year... on his way home today from a trip to Scotland and Germany... (carving stuff... ) and hopefully a safe trip too... thanks so very much for all your kind and loving words... I love your play/work in your art... very creatively done... Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x