Friday 7 March 2014

Anything Tim @ A Vintage Journey

Hi Everyone........today sees the launch of our first challenge at A Vintage Journey challenge blog, which is 'Anything Tim'.  You can view the blog and more challenge details by clicking HERE
We are all quite excited and hope you will join in with us on this amazing journey.......................my  fabulous DT roomies have created some wonderful inspiring projects, so do pop over and take a  closer look
I  created a 12 by 12 project using  a variety of Tim Holtz products, which includes Tissue Tape, TH Sizzix dies, Chit Chat Stickers, Adage Tickets, Distress Inks, Idea-Ology pieces, stencils as well as some of Tim's NEW Ephemera pieces.
Our sponsor is Country View Crafts, where you will find a fantastic range of Tim Holtz products with Free P&P






To start with I recycled  a piece of the 12 by 12 leather look cardboard packaging that was used to protect my personalised copy of Tim's new book, Compendium of Curiosities 111. ( It's so amazing with lots of techniques and inspiration................just love it!!!) The cardboard edge was inked with Distress Inks to cover the white edge.  I also used some of Tim's Paper Stash, which I distressed with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain DI's. The edges were torn/distressed using Tim's Tonic Studios Paper Distresser.  I  then used Walnut Stain Distress Stains to create the 'Splats'
  The splatted papers  were matted on to some more of Tim's papers, which were aged with Distress Inks, namely Walnut Stain, some stitching was completed on one side  of each piece and a layer of burlap placed under the paper layers top left. Tissue Tape and a TH Sizzix  On the Edge Die completed the initial background as seen below.
 I then began to create the page layout, taking some personal photographs, matted on to brown cardstock. The  white edges of the photographs were inked with Vintage Photo DI.  We had some personal  memorabillia from the Second World War, which I scanned and then printed. The copies were scrunched and torn then aged with various Distress Inks, namely Stormy Sky, Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain. You can see below how I just began to lay out the pieces without adhering them. I then cut out some pediments, using Tim's Sizzix Die.  These were placed at the top of the photographs. Idea-Ology pieces and  some of Tim's New Ephemera really brought this piece together. ( Idea-ology pieces and the key were adhered with Glossy Accents and TH brads)
 You can see a close up of the items and a clearer view of the stencilling, using Tim's Faded Dots, Bubble and Schoolhouse stencils.I loved the Palace Theatre ticket you can see as there is a theatre of the same name about 9 miles away, though the cost would have been in shillings at that time, not cents.....but hey its all about imagination !!
 I adore the New Alpha Tiles that Tim has released and they  really draw the eye to the pediment die and photograph.
 The key  you can see below was obtained from a well known auction site and I love the chunkiness of it. Talbot House was a B&B in Grimsby and my FIL must have stayed there  when on a pass/leave and for some reason kept the receipt. So glad he did !!
 Thank You so much for dropping in.......it really does mean so much to me and I love to read your comments, which also enable me to get back to you.
We look forward to viewing your entries and hope that you have found some inspiration.
Have fun and Crafty Hugs xx

29 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page. A lovely way to keep the memories together. I do like the way you have brought it all together, using the delights of Tim Holtz. Good Luck on you New Vintage Journey. Hugs Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, what a lovely and vintage page! The personal photos you added make this even more lovely and a treasure! I just purchased some of the Alpha tiles, so you have inspired me to use them! Beautiful creation and I am very happy to share this experience with you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie this is a wonderful memories page and brings us so much Tim goodness. I love the vintage photos and all the elements you have added to it and the very grungy style. Thank you for being part of the team and taking this vintage journey with me, I know it is going to be so much fun and a wonderful experience for us all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, this is stunner of a LO! and the challenge looks like its going to be real popular :-) Debi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As one of the biggest Tim fans I know you were bound to rock this and what a fantastic page! Love the combination of all these beautifully distressed elements. So pleased to be sharing this journey with you. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous start on your Vintage Journey Annie...a feast for the eyes and no mistake...looking forward to accompanying you on the journey...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie I have been hopping over to leave lots of love to you all and I have finally landed here sweets, this is one stunning page. I adore collaging, putting bits and pieces together gives me so much pleasure but I have to say this is sensational to say the least. I keep scrolling up and down to try and take it all in.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful collage of beautifully put together Tim pieces!!! It just uses vintage grungyness, brilliantly done!!

    I am so happy we are sharing this journey together Annie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie - this looks so amazing - really love all the details - how wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this eclectic mix Annie, fab composition and soooo nice to see a 12 x 12 layout! So glad to be journeying with you. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. My post has gone AWOL I think as I posted it just after twelve. What a Fabulous page you have created for the start of A Vintage Journey. The background is stunning and the elements you have arranged so carefully around the beautiful pictures is sure to make this a treasure. Wishing you All the luck in the world on this new venture. Looking forward to seeing more creations. Hugs Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Annie, I came back this morning for a closer look at your gorgeous page and my comment from midnight is missing. Perhaps in my excitement I forgot to press enter.... Your page is just beautiful and so full of memories, I love the way you have collaged the pieces, your splats in the background and the crumpled B&B receive - everything gives it authenticity. A wonderful piece of memorabilia! I am so thrilled to be on this fantastic team alongside you. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous , I love the collaged feel and all those details to look at! so glad to be part of this creative vintage journey with you xx
    trace x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your layout! Your collage is so well put together and I love all the Tim things that you incorporated into it. Fabulous make!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous collage,awesome details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous heritage memories page Annie - so full of amazing details! I am so thrilled to be part of this amazing vintage journey with you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous! Love how you incorporated recycled things into it and all the details you've added.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic collage, Annie. I love that you started with your CCIII packaging, and those splattered panels are brilliant in the background. So wonderful to include your own personal photos and memorabilia along with all the scrummy TH ephemera... it's beautifully done. What a great start to the journey!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is stunning Annie, made all the more brilliant by your inclusion of personal mementoes. The whole piece is filled with interesting elements and those fab splats would be right at home in a crime scene! Gorgeous work. Have a lovely weekend! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  20. All those personal items turned into a Tim masterpiece! Love it Annie - it seems as though they were waiting to appear in such a beautiful setting! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving your stunning memory collage Annie. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely page, Annie! Love the nostalgic and vintage look of it! Really pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous3/08/2014

    A sensational project brimming with nostalgia and the story it tells. I love the leathered look base and your personal ephemera. Beautiful.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  24. a fabulous project dear Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So many layers to LOVE!!! The vintage feeling is perfect! I love the lace addition! Great images too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A gorgeous collage and fantastic elements.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all the details, beautiful.
    Please forgive my lack of commenting lately, I will try and get back on track soon,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  28. EEKKSS, hello Miss Annie, I thought I commented on this, well it blew me away, this is a brilliant make, loooooove those splotches, that gorgeous brown board, those old photo's are perfect,gorgeous design on this project, this team is blowing up blog land, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous3/20/2014

    Such a beautiful page Annie. Very vintage. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x