Sunday 20 October 2013

Mirror Mirror on the Wall !!

Hi Everyone............................its Sunday again and I hope that whatever you are up to you are having some fun. I was very fortunate to have met up with Astrid McLean and my mum ( Rita) yesterday for a lovely day of chat and crafting. We have all joined Creative Chemistry 102  ( CC102) and spent some time with 'The Professor' in between tea and more chatting.........it really was a lovely fun day. 

Today I am fortunate to be spending  some more time crafting as I have a few projects to complete before next weekend. I also wanted to take part in Tim's October tag, which you can see below :-)   You can view Tim's  tag and recipe by clicking HERE if you would like to take part in the 12 Tags of 2013. 

I did have to improvise  on Tim's recipe and will share that with you as we move on through the photographs.


As mentioned the background was completed using Distress Paints you can view in the photograph below. Tim explains the technique on his blog and also CC102. The skeleton is from TH 'Poisonous' stamp set by SA, no CMS 171

I used first, second and third generation stamping. 

You can also see stenciling top left and lower right using Tim's new Shatter stencil. I took some Vintage Photo and lightly "danced it around" as Tim would say. 


Another view of the shatter stencil below.

 Distress Paints I used in the marbling technique :-)   

I was lucky enough to have Tim's new Sizzix Ornate Frame die but I did not have any of his new glitter. 
Fear not !!!!  Last year Tim demonstrated how you can alter the colour of glitter by using  Alcohol Ink...see HERE.    (I used Eggplant AI)
I love Tim's Skull stamp, which I cut out and distressed with Vintage photo. I went over the teeth with Picket Fence Distress Marker, outlining them in black. The little mustache was a gift from my crafty friend Anita Houston.  The spiders were in my stash from last year and fitted this  project perfectly.

When I placed  the frame over the skull it looked to me like a mirror, with Mr Skull ensuring that his moustache was trimmed to perfection !!!! Such a Handsome Chap !!!! Mind you he also looks like he is going to sneeze ! Maybe that feather is tickling his nose !!

As I did not have the  Sizzix owl and moon dies that  Tim used  I improvised with the TH Movers and Shapers mini inkwell and feather die. The little bottle was cut out in black card and then some glossy accents was adhered. The feather was inked with Vintage Photo and Black soot around the edge.  



After dying the crinkle ribbon I decided to stamp the skull on to some clear shrink plastic to create an embellishment for my tag.  I used Jet Black Archival Ink to stamp on the plastic and was careful not to smudge it before drying/shrinking it with my heat tool.  ( Remember to punch a hole before you shrink it.)

I then added an idea-ology jump ring and safety pin to complete the look. 

Hope you like my fun tag...I certainly enjoyed the creativity and it was nice to use various techniques that I had not used in a while. 


As this is my  very own take on Tim's tag I would like to enter  the following challenges :

Stampotique Designer Challenge whose challenge is Halloween and Our Creative Corner, whose theme is Halloween, Lets Tag It On

Off to do some  visiting as well as tidying up on the blog before I sit back down to other crafty makes that I have on the go. Catch up soon x 

Best Wishes and Crafty Hugs 

post signature

24 comments:

  1. oh wow Just love this to bits,the detail is just brilliant love it too bits,hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great Annie! fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag,Annie! I really like what you did to the skull stamp. Mr. Skull's mustache is very attractive!! Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Tag Annie. As you know I'm not a fan of ghouls etc, but I'm coming round. A certain 'Aunt' gave my Grand-children spiders just like yours ( ring a bell ) and left one in the single bed. It's a good job It was not my bed. I enjoy my time with both of you yesterday as always. Enjoy your Evening. Hugs Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spooktacular Annie!!! Wonderful Halloween tag! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool, that's a gorgeous tag, great combination of all these elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is brilliant Annie - amazing work and very scary xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tag looks wonderful
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10/20/2013

    Fabulous tag Annie ! Love the background and the frame is gorgeous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10/20/2013

    WOW this is surely the spookiest tag in town!
    Very sinister but also quite whacky at the same time, which I love.
    So lovely that you managed a creative weekend especially with your Mum and Astrid.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic tag for Halloween, the colours and images are awesome.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous make for the October tag, I love the colours and great framed skull, very spooky. Glad you had a great time with Rita and Astrid, how lovely to be able to get together and spend time chatting and crafting together. Take care and have a good week.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOvely scary tag! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Annie, how lovely to spend time with your Mum and Astrid again. I love your October tag, it really did make me smile with that quirky moustache on the skull! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Apologies Annie, meant to add - thank you for joining in at Our Creative Corner this month. A x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your tag looks fabulous! I think the Distress Paints day was my favorite part of CC102.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful spooky tag! Love the painted background. Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool and very creepy - especially that moustache!! Brilliant take on Tim's tag. Sorry to have got so behind, but life is slowly returning to normal, and I'm looking forward to doing some proper catching up over the next days and weeks.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. amazing Tag,,,,,,love the scary effects,,,,OMG and sooo vintage one,,,,,,,,what creative you are.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow Annie, how did I manage to miss this one, so, so cool!! Love what you did with Tim's October challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome background and what a clever idea with that skull! So cool!
    Thank you for sharing your fab tag with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good grief! Like Astrid I'm wondering how I missed this one! LOVE that background to bits and the glittery frame is a joy. Your skull will look perfect for Movember too. Great work all round Annie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fabulous is your tag! That eerie smile just cracked me up! Love the fun background, mustache and the charm you made from the shrink paper. Glad you enjoyed the CC102 class too. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great creepy tag Annie! I love the stamping and the layers work brilliantly. Sorry to be late commenting on my challenge entries but I moved house partway through the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x