Monday 7 October 2013

Creating with Finnabair

Hi everyone...........Hope you are well and enjoying some crafty time. Just a quick post to share some photographs of my wonderful crafty day with  the fabulous Finnabair :-)

Damsel Fly and the Queen Bee, Great Western Road, Glasgow, held a Finnabair Workshop Weekend 5th/6th October and my lovely mum and I attended on the Saturday. It was an early start....not because Glasgow is that far away from us but I love to spend time with my two old Furballs and I am a bit of a fouter in the morning. 

Lo and behold we were first to arrive and had a lovely chat with Annie & Yvonne from DFQB and Anna. 

'Thank You' ladies for a lovely day and fab lunch, with yummy cakes, sandwiches and quiche :-)
Look forward to attending more of your classes.

Then it was heads down as we learned to create Mixed Media projects Finnabair style. 

The kits were amazing with stunning Prima Papers, laces and embellishments, some of which were designed by Anna herself. I really wanted to keep them in the packaging as they were so nice....... but that's not the deal!!!

The photograph below is Anna and I at the end of the day, which was from 9-6.30pm and the time flew in.

 


I did not quite finish my makes as I had some pieces that I knew I wanted to add and I still had at least another coat of gesso to apply, but I wanted to share them with you anyway. 
Below is the canvas that I made using the kit and a photo image provided by mum.


 


 In the afternoon we created this wonderful mixed media layout and I have to say I fell in love with this style/techniques. 


A close up...still to be finished but I just love it :-)


Anna's class was wonderful...she is an excellent teacher who is genuinely inspired by everything around her and enjoys sharing her style/techniques with fellow crafters. 

I am so looking forward to my next class with Anna, which is in Wirksworth, 30th November. Of course I am looking forward to meeting up with my lovely blog friend Redanne as well. 

Take care and I shall be visiting you all Tuesday /Wednesday as I am having an early night tonight

Best Wishes and Crafty Hugs xx
post signature

20 comments:

  1. your makes are stunning Annie - sounds like a fabulous day! Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser Annie, fabulous looking projects!!! I bet you had fun and great photos too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations, love both of them. The details are so beautiful. Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Annie, looks like you had great fun and made the most of the day. Your projects look amazing, looking forward to seeing more of that style.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie, what gorgeous makes, they are both so beautiful, I can only imagine how much fun you and Rita had - so looking forward to the class we do together in November now! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects, Annie! I agree that Anna is a fantastic teacher and her techniques are wonderful. Sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, what a wonderful day out
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects Annie what a day it must have been.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glorious, Annie! I've been so excited to see your makes... I knew you'd love Anna as a teacher as well as the joy of using her techniques and her inspiration!! Just love both your canvas and the layout. Beautiful images too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are fabulous creations and what great photos too !

    Still playing catch up and yet never getting caught up ....so this is just to say hello , have been looking at your lovely pieces and hope to get back to my normal comment levels soon, I know , I know I keep saying it :( but I do have the very best intentions! hugs Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful day spent with the lovely Anna. Both your pieces look fabulous and the textures look great. It won't be long till November either. Enjoy your Evening. Hugs Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How playful and creative Annie! Love the Finnabair workshops results!
    And yours looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so envious! What a wonderful experience I am sure! Love your makes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to come....If she ever comes near Eastbourne I'll be there!!! What fantastic creations Annie... Love your page & the layout is simply amazing....Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, this is amazing! And how wonderful you've got the chance to take a workshop from her. I was in Paris when she was in Holland last May, I know, that's a luxurious problem ;). Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUSSSSSS, I love them both, the class sounds wonderful, I'm so happy you had a wonderful time and it shows, thanks for sharing and for stopping by to visit, big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous10/09/2013

    Annie
    I am so happy that you and your dear Mum had the most amazing day with Anna, learning and creating and how exciting that you are booked up for another workshop and not too long a wait either.
    The colours are so yummy and I love that image on the second layout.
    Beautiful creations, so glad you shared with us.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Annie...I am so excited for you, that you got to take some classes from Anna. I would LOVE to be able to do that! I love her work and her techniques. Your class pieces are beautiful! Love the photo of you with Anna. Your canvas is gorgeous. I so love it! It looks finished to me....just beautiful. Your layout is also so amazing! You did such a beautiful job on them! What a neat experience and all of the technique and inspiration you got from the classes will last forever! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, these are breathtaking pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I was at the class that day. It was brilliant but exhausting:) I was really pleased with my creations too and very jealous of your canvas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x