Surprise!!!!! I am back with my second post........................So glad that I finished this piece today!!!
I had two challenges in mind with this project......those being Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Challenge and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge, which is Chic to be Shabby.
I am sorry that I did not take a photo of my bargain buy, which I mentioned in WOYWW last Wednesday. It started out as a bevelled mirror with a photograph stand at the back.......cost me all of £1.99!!!!
I covered the mirror in gesso and whilst wet I scrunched up tissue paper and also some torn book pages...... creating lots of texture. I then gesso'd it all again and once dry I started to paint it. I used a combination of paints with a chalk finish. The final coats were Distress Paint in Vintage Photo..........my favourite ever !! and Americana fawn !! I then sanded the paint, revealing some of the painty colours below.
I took the script style stamp from TH Stampers Anonymous Paris Memoirs and inked with Sepia Archival Ink.
(nb I did not place the stamp on a block as I required it to be flexible due to all the texture that I had created.)
I added a piece of cotton on which I adhered some tea/coffee dyed lace ( adhered using Ranger Wonder Tape)
I then played around with my Tattered Floral and a piece of corrugated card , on which I had adhered some twine. ( sorry about the shading on some of my photos. They were taken whilst I was creating )
I then added the rusty heart, placing a Prima flower on top. I used some foam pads to adhere the heart, using different depths of foam due to the twine raising one edge higher than the other.
Below is a close up of my Tattered Floral, there are various layers of burlap, fabric and grunge paper. I painted the grunge paper with a mix of Rusty Hinge, Chipped Saphire and Antique Linen Distress paints, using my heat tool to dry.
I then inked a script stamp using Adirondack Paint Dabber in Gold, again I used my heat gun to dry the paint.
You can see a close up of all the layers below
After adhering Chipboard Letters, which I blended with Vintage Photo DI, I felt that something else was required. Unfortunately I did not have a Champagne cork and as it was too late in the day to obtain one!!
( wink wink........this would never have been finished !!!)
You can see the texture and paint showing through below.
And there we have it my entry for two challenges.....think I will just make SSSS by a few hours !!!
Sorry this has been such a long post but I know that many of you enjoy the 'How to'
Have a great week and I look forward to hearing from you.
Crafty Hugs x