Saturday 9 February 2013

Love is in the Air !!!!!

Hi Everyone....thanks for visiting today. Can't believe its Saturday once more !!! Weeks are just flying by.  Its  so great to see that the nights are getting lighter x 

Below is my project for three fabulous challenge sites where I love to take part.   They are Fashionable Stamping Challenge, whose challenge theme is 'Show Some Love'.


For this make I used Ranger tag size 10. To make a lacy background I used  TH Stamper's Anonymous Wallpaper Stamp, inking with Sepia Archival ink. I then distressed the edges of the tag using the paper distressing tool.  Some Distress Inks were blended over the whole tag, paying particular attention to the distressed edge. With a darker embossed edge the colours are more defined.




You can see that I cut the bottom of the tag and then re-attached it with Ideaology rings.

The stamped image below is from TH Stampers Anonymous Classics 8. I Used some DistreSs markers to colour in some areas of the stamp, which was also distressed along the edges with the paper distressing tool, then DI's were blended, namely Vintage Photo, Peacock Feathers and Rusty Hinge.



The heart is from Tim's Stampers Anonymous Classic 7 set. I stamped in Red ink and coloured in some florals with Distress markers. Vintage Photo was blended over the tag and the edges were also swiped around the edges.


The wings are Sizzix TH Layered Angel Wings, which are stunning. They were blended with Vintage Photo DI and then edged with Festive Berries as I wanted to tie them in with the red heart.


The smaller tag was stamped with red ink using the word Love. I added Fired Brick Distress Embossing Powder, adding texture. The tag was also distressed along the edges and blended with DI's.

I love the Distressed embossing powders as they are so different from embossing powders which are smooth when heated. 


A die cut crown was smooshed with Metallic Distress Stains in Antiqued Bronze to complete




Hope you have a fabulous weekend and I hope to catch up with you soon.

Hugs
post signature

34 comments:

  1. So great to have you joining in the fun with us this week at Frilly and Funkie, Annie! That stamped background on the kraft tag is incredible! Now you have me itching to use some kraft CS on my next project - LOL. Super use of the Classics 7 set too. The wings and the crown are the perfect finishers!

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Annie!! I love the whole kraft look of it; that lacy damask background; and the cherubs are adorable... The pink heart as the centrepiece, wings and all, is just wonderful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy Annie. I love your tag and the different textures I know will make it look extra special. As you know I have those stamps too and have not got round to using them yet. Enjoy your Week-End. Hugs Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie, what a fabulous tag. Gorgeous background and I love the images you've used with just a hint of colour.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow a great work - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really gorgeous tag Annie, love the background, the heart is beautiful, love the crown topping and the 'love' tag. I love doing the split tag, it gives so much more interest to the tag. Hugs, Anne x

    PS - thanks for asking - weather delayed builders until next Tuesday, it will take 6 weeks.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this tactile project, super colours and so interesting. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag Anne - lots of gorgeous stamping therein. The appended end adds such extra dimension too. Have a lovely weekend. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you have added those was to that gorgeous heart! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Full of love Annie...so nice!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love that fabulous image...so much to see! Love the added bottom and the tag at the top as well! Fab Valentine! A keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous background and the hinged part of the tag looks great.
    hugs [brenda] x0x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super valentine tag! Such an amazing detail the flap on the bottom! Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Valentine tag Annie.

    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool tag! Love how you made the bottom like a flip up page. Love all the layers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Love-Tag very beautiful, like the colours a lot.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2/10/2013

    Fabulous tag Annie ! Love the stamped background on the Kraft card stock ! The wings look fantastic ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie and FSC. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love you tag, that wallpaper stamp is fabulous! The little crown is a wonderful touch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous tag with great details. Thanks for joining us at FSC.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fabulous tag, I love all the pieces you have used, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous tag! You always amaze me with your creativity and all the fun details you add to your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous love tag^_^
    You are very talented^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Diva's
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Grunge at its best!!! Love the jump-rings you used for attaching the lower part of the tag!! And your stamping is just awesome!

    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a lovely vintage Valentine tag, Annie! Love it! Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog. That made me feel so good!! You're always so uplifting! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is gorgeous Annie. Liking all the layers.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous tag , love the browns and the wings and heart are gorgeous. Imwould also like to say thank you for your lovely comments you leave on my blog. THANK YOU . Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many clever ideas here Annie. Love the damask background and the delicacy of the layered wings. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Annie! Not sure how I found your site but I do love your stuff! (Maybe WOYWW?) You are soooo talented! I nominated you for the Liebster blog award, which is for sites you think others should check out and that have less than 200 followers. You can nominate 5 others if you want to pass the award along, but no worries if you don't, okay? You can grab the award on my site: http://giftsfromdeeyll.blogspot.com/2013/02/an-award-for-me-awww-you-shouldnt-have.html
    Your UP guy, down on the right, is awesome! Love your whole blog design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous2/16/2013

    Hi Annie
    I am far too late to comment on this for FSC but I wanted to comment on it as a friend.
    I love the colour palette and the way in which you made the tag kinetic by hanging the bottom element from jump rings. The hint of colour adds something extra special.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much Annie for dropping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Just browsing your blog and really liking what I see so have become a follower too . Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very nice tag and a nice give away as well. Have a nice week. Greetings from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome tag Annie! love how you did the bottom.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great tag and love those jump rings for the bottom flip! Terrific kraft and red as well!! So glad you joined us for this challenge at F&F!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x