Wednesday 20 February 2013

Brushless Water Colour and Distress Ink Background

Hi Everyone....Thanks for dropping by your visits are so appreciated. For those of you who read my previous post you will know that last weekend I planned to craft but had lost my mojo.....was feeling tired.
I decided to watch crafty DVD's by none other than Tim Holtz. It had been some time since I viewed them and I remember purchasing them way back in 2005 and loving the outcome of the  Distress embossing powders and Distress Inks. 

Below you will see a piece that I made to send to my crafty friend Buttons, using some of Tim's techniques that I had not used in some time.



I created the background below using Tim's techniques. You can see the water droplets on the top of the card. As I did not have a craft iron I used a small travel iron, purchased many years ago and never used !!!


                                       Once  dried  I blended some vintage photo Distress ink and matted on to some card

          Below you can see the brushless watercolour images, the lighter being second generation.  (I used various Adirondack Inks on the stamp)




I then die cut Tim's new Sizzix Washer Border, inking it with Peacock Feathers DI and a smidgeon of Vintage Photo DI on the edges. 



The brushless watercolour image from Tim's Stampers Anonymous Classics ( SCF001) was torn around the edges then inked with a combination of Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean DI's


To complete the look I matted the stamped image on to blue card, distress with Tonic Studios Paper Distresser and inked with Salty Ocean DI.
I added some twine and a die cut butterfly, which I had rusted earlier, then some chipboard letter, painted with Tim's new Distress Paints. I then rubbed some area of the project, including the letters with Treasure Gold wax in White Fire and Sapphire.


Over at Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog the theme is 'Layer it on and Share a Word'., which this piece meets. 
I am also entering the 'Anything Goes'  over at Through The Craft Room Door challenge blog.


Take care and catch up soon. Be sure and leave a comment and I will get back to you.

Crafty Hugs
post signature

22 comments:

  1. Great detail, love the colours. I was watching one of the DVDs last week and really need some space to play. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow Annie how stunning is this, a pleasure to look at all those gorgeous colours.
    Thanks for sharing
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I am the incredibly lucky recipient of this masterpiece I can honestly say it is even more beautiful in real life. My parents were amazed that anyone could create every part of this by hand, especially the rusty butterfly. It will be a treasured part of my collection. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness Annie. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I am the incredibly lucky recipient of this masterpiece I can honestly say it is even more beautiful in real life. My parents were amazed that anyone could create every part of this by hand, especially the rusty butterfly. It will be a treasured part of my collection. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness Annie. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your gorgeous card and so beautifully made Annie, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous...I love how you made the butterfly rusty! The dragonfly is so pretty and all the elements you used on this card seem so meant to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely. Great stamping, colours and textures, love all those details. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annie, when I saw this on Jenny's blog I just knew that you had created it! It is so your style Annie and it is incredibly beautiful and it could not have gone to a lovelier person than Jenny, she is such a kind and generous lady. Beautiful work. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous, knew I needed these stamps!
    sorry if I have missed some comments hand makes typing slow and painful hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another of your beautiful creations Annie. I did see it on Jenny's blog and I know she loved it. You are so good at doing Tutorials and sharing how you created it too. Hope you are feeling less tired this week as I know how stressful your job is at the moment. Hugs Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful is your card!! Love the gorgeous rusted butterfly, such a lovely colour palettes too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous! Love the color and design! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eine wunderbare Karte, der Look gefällt mir sehr gut, auch die verwendeten Farben und Dekorationen.
    Liebe Grüße.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Annie
    Love every detail.
    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely fabulous, Annie - love the colours and techniques, and it's so beautifully put together - lucky Buttons!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You certainly have your mojo back! This is fabulous! I love the background technique and the whole thing is just gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful! Love the layers and your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Annie, this is stunning! Love the washer border and your big bold FLY word. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous2/22/2013

    From the delicate brushless watercoloured image to the bold in the form of FLY and all those layers and textures - a stunning creation that Jenny will treasure.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great card, with a creative background, the stamp is gorgeous!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks like you were on fire after watching those TH DVDs! LOVE that tissue paper background and your wonderful dragonfly brushless watercolor. The twine works so great were and I think that washer die cut is totally cool. So happy to have you joining in the fun with us again this time at Frilly and Funkie, Annie!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x