Sunday 27 May 2012

Alter It

Good Morning everyone. Hope you are all well and enjoying your crafty time. 

I have had these foil trays for ages and thought I would 'Re-Invent' them for this challenge. I used alcohol inks to colour the foil, however, getting in to the corners was difficult so I thought I would try the Paper Transformation Technique, inspired by Neil Walker of Neelz Expressionz ( click here for the tutorial) Its hard to believe that this was once just plain old copy paper !

  For my 'plastic existence' I cut out a piece of plastic from a milk carton, putting it through my die cut machine, and you can see the flowers below. I used inks on the flowers but then decided to use  Ranger Glue 'n' Seal, followed by a variety of  Adirondack paint dabbers, followed by Distress crackle pain in Rock Candy.  ( I was also changing the colour of a metal chain for another project )
 As you can see I used a variety of stamps designed by  Tim Holtz, Wendy Vecchi & Lynne Perella.

The large sentiment on the top piece  was designed by Chris Stern of CS Designs. I received this digital sentiment having been featured in the  Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent April Challenge . You should pop over to Chris's online store and view  her designs for yourself.  The images and sentiments are beautiful.
( As a new blogger I was thrilled to bits to be featured !!)
 I adhered some burlap around the large foil tray and added the Sizzix, TH, Word Play die cut letters, which are rusted, using rusting powder/acrylic wax from Crafty Notions. ( you also add white vinegar to the mix )
 On the bottom foiled tray I adhered  some vintage lace. The trays were then pieced together using some string.

                                       
                                         Hope you like this piece, which I had great fun creating.
I am  also  going to submit this creation to  the challenges at Inspire me Fridays- Always Anything Goes and Scrapalicious- Something Altered .

                                           Crafty Hugs as always and have a good weekend

                                                                         Annie  :)

14 comments:

  1. How absolutely Fabulous Anne. Your artistic talent really is coming in to its own now. All those wonderful techniques so beautifully described are a great addition to your profile. Enjoy yourself to-night. Hugs Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Anne, these are fabulous I love what you have done!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing list of techniques you have employed here! Love what you did with the tins and bet it looks even more fab up close. Thanks for sharing, hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it is late but I am just picking my jaw up off the floor - this is inspired! Great techniques and wonderful results and many congrats on being featured, you do an amazing job with your re-cycling. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW FUN IS THIS!!!! Your creativity and imagination in crazy fabulous! Never would I even think to do this! Kudos to your upcycling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, you did an amazing altering on the boxes and thanks for joining us at Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent + A Plastic exitstence!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee whiz...WOW!! Annie, fantastic transfomation!!! These are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie, you have done a wonderful job of repurposing so many items. I love what you did with the foil pans. Can't even recognize them. What are you going to use them for? I am now a follower of your blog also. Will be back soon to see what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is incredibly creative. Thanks so much for generously sharing your process here as well. Amazing results, Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic recycling work - I can see Neil's inspiration in this too and recognise the paper technique but you've given your projects your very own touch and I love all those sentiments. Your mum is right to be proud of you :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comments about my Harrison Fisher Women at Lisa Minckler blog, woww,,love the vintage look here,,,,,so funny.,,,,take a look at my blog and choose one of the picts from my Wizard of Oz Sheets and I´ll send it free.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annie, This is absolutely fabulous and I loved reading the how-to. I don't know where you come up with these wonderful ideas, you have such a great imagination.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative re-purposing! Love the sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Srapalicious USA.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an inventive project! Love it! Thank you for joining us in the Scrapalicious Altered Art challenge! ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x